Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - After Half a Year, I Spent My Two Days Off in Another World

snuz.jpg

Group Leader
The phrase where he is saying ma-ma-ma-ma-marry you? Should be ma-ma-ma-MAMMA MIA ARE YOU SURE?

Dex-chan lover
The biggest off-putting thing to me on all those isekais is how everyone uses honorifics like Japan. Bruh, thats not how it works on most places even around here, imagine on another world. And another thing someone from another world would give is new knowledge and technologies from their world, much better than the other option.

@The2ndImpact they're*

Yeah I wasn't clued in to me being isekai'd when someone literally teleported me with my bike in to a dark room, no I only found that out when I saw a dinosaur

@ShionSinX Well in almost every single language you have similar types of nomenclature for royalty. In English you'd call someone Your Highness or Your Grace or simply Queen. The suffix Dono is used very similarly to how medieval royalty used Sir or the female equivalent thereof.
While you could translate the Japanese suffixes to show the English counterparts, you do often lose certain nuances in characterisation when you do so.

Dex-chan lover
@Glenng Im talking about 'sama', 'chan', 'san', 'kun' and this stuff. In other languages you dont do that, you call a person by their name or their position ('boss' and 'manager' come to mind), and thats it. Some languages like Korean have a specific word (the famous 'noona' or 'sunbae'), but you use that on more of less the same way other languages do and dont need to add their name on top of it (tho you can if you want to be more respectful I guess). Even if 'dono' has a similar meaning they wouldnt use as honorific like she does here.

Ohhhh... I just thought of something dark. I feel. Bad for the people who end up getting summoned to another world when they are driving to work. Especially for whoever ends up getting either hit by the now driverless car or has it end up in their house or garden...
Well that would be an interesting thing if a mc was summoned like that...

I also would feel bad for the summoners who would have a useless car or other vehicle dumped into their summoning room and most likely get hit by the car...

@Ragu_Jostar
Yeah I wasn't clued in to me being isekai'd when someone literally teleported me with my bike in to a dark room, no I only found that out when I saw a dinosaur
I would probably rather think that I had been kidnapped by some crazy cult. To undergo the scientifically unbelievable action of getting transported to another world really wouldn't be the first thing that comes to mind. And it would be even harder to think of it, if you aren't a regular consumer of isekai.

Aggregator gang
the pride of a normie salaryman with no social connections working for a shitty company? that pride? is worth something? kek

Users who are viewing this thread