Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 7 Ch. 28 - Now, to Dinner!

@hijklol100
To answer your question, as far as the novels translated so far (see the NovelUpdates link on the title page), Freya has been declared one of his concubines, but that arrangement will not be official until she returns to her homeland and gets approval, which has not happened yet, so no kids yet. Also, as with Princess Bona (who has not yet been declared a concubine, but is the next most likely candidate), there is fondness, and friendship, but not love. Zenjirou, true to his word, only has eyes for Aura.

i'm getting immense Elder Scrolls vibes from this chapter. an incredibly cold northern continent that worships dragons, and a southern continent that is frequently warring. but maybe that's me

if u hate polygamy then i highly recommend u drop this cause freya will join the harem(atleast according to the webnovel??)

@LazerWulf
wasnt Princess Bona not really interested in zenjirou?even freya likes zenjirou in a romantic way so i really doubt that princess bona would be the second concubine(unless they do some unreal clique that will make bona like him in a romantic way and i also doubt that her country would want bona to be a second concubine as it is not really that high in rankings)
Edit: i forgot about how zenjirous kid is a dual royalty so some of the shits i said wouldnt work.

I didn't fully understand the chapter till I read the comments, but I could tell by the facial expressions of the princess that our MC was asking the right questions and giving smart answers. While the bodyguard is looking for obvious signs of valor and leadership, the princess is looking for signs of someone with a keen mind, quick wit, and a silver tongue.

Also, I'm liking how the MC seems like an actual person in this story. He's not overpowered. He's not weak. He has his strengths and weaknesses. His personality is on the passive side, but honestly, given why he's there, that's more of a positive trait than a negative one.

@Jethzki

Near as I recall, i'm at the end of this arc novel wise so i'm not sure what goes down later, the deal with Bona seems like it's a slow burn on both of their parts. Elements of romance on Zenjirous side aside since he hasn't yet shown any romantic interest in anyone sans Aura, it's likely that any antics with Bona will be firmly political. I would expect they would NOT want it to happen given that would potentially tie the Capua kingdom with Three magic Bloodlines, although same for the twin kingdoms getting space time antics.

Least where i'm at, bout the only way i can see it happening is if somehow Zenjirou AND Bona fuck up big time

...Which probably would involve alcohol now that i'm thinking about it. It'd be a pretty natural enough way to have it occur, though it'd also require things to be super rocky with Aura at the time I'd imagine.

Dex-chan lover
@hijklol100: To answer your question
- No, they don't have a kid yet, because they just got married in the latest v13 of LN (think its near the end of it, but can't be sure as lack of translation).
- As for whether MC loves her or not, well technically MC didn't really love Aura from start either. Yeah he liked her prior to his marriage, but his love for her only blossomed after marriage (before that it was just attraction). Similarly, MC here doesn't really hate Freya and does hold some feelings of respect towards her. As for whether the love truly blossomed or not, well like i mentioned earlier, because of lack of translation, there is no info on that (current translation is at LN v09, with a full chapter getting translated in around 2-3 weeks).
- Also, i can't really give info from WN either, since it was discontinued by Author once the LN was published (from what i remember before it got axed, Aura's focus in the WN wasn't "Glass", but rather the "Chain" which was on MC's Cycle which he had at first).

Things that the princess here notices

1: Goats and milk
The south mainly farms and eats fish and reptiles, drinking animal milk should not be something they are largely aware of as said animals don’t produce any. The only milk the South drinks come from their moms/wet nurses

2: The water freezes
The south continent is largely a desert with seasonal heat waves and high temperatures. The thought of ports freezing over would never cross their minds

3: His son is less than a year old
The south counts the time a baby is in its mother as part of their age so Carlos should technically be a year by now but since Earth counts a year old as one year after they are born Zenjirou let this slip his mind

Because of these things, she knows that he is not normal

@jethzki @Raguel
Bona is definitely a Honey Trap for Zenjirou, but unlike the other honey traps, she doesn't seem to be aware of that fact, and so she's not throwing herself at Zenji, which sets her apart from the crowd and makes her the most likely to succeed. I think the biggest emotion Zenji feels for her is pity, since she has to be Francesco's babysitter, but she and Zenji are at least amicable towards each other without having to fake civility, and even share a few interests. She also has the Bestowal magic, same as Zenji's ancestor, which makes it all the more likely that their kid would also have Bestowal magic. There's some shenanigans with the agreement they made between the two kingdoms which means that the kid would have to go to Twin Kingdoms to learn how to use the Bestowal Magic, but in the end neither side is able to object to which house the kid wants to live under, and that includes if the kid wants to go back to Capua (which, considering all the tech Zenji brought, why wouldn't they? Especially if they can use their Bestowal Magic and Zenji's marbles to recreate them "in-house".

That's why I say she's the closest to being the next concubine.

Dex-chan lover
This is why medieval person are so nasty at reading the one they talk to.
Because they develop this skill, it was honed to like a perfection by battling against similar person specially the upper echelon of the Kingdoms management nor royalties.

This princess was able to guess instinctively what he's capable of...
We'll, base on life experience, tomboyish girl had different kind of charm on them, and will kick your instinct to wanting them...

Dex-chan lover
I thought Zenjirou might have given too much away, but it seems like he has mastered the art of subtlety.

Like they say, true G's move in silence... Like lasagna.

Users who are viewing this thread