Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 7 Ch. 28 - Now, to Dinner!

Dex-chan lover
Btw the reason she said that was

the fact that he knew the ocean can get frozen, because that is not common knowledge in the south. So he is either a sage like the court mage or someone who used to live in the North. And also the fact that he didn't accept the help, since the Princess wanted people to get magic to the deprived of any sort of real magic that is the North.

Dex-chan lover
@XNovalX Freya is actually right, the Zenjiro isn't normal. Granted her thought process getting there is a little wrong. But remember, Zenjiro on earth used to be a business negotiator. Freya is noticing his composure and aptitude in such matters while talking to him, and assuming he is very intelligent and trained, and that they're just hiding the power he has. And truth be told, the only reason Zenjiro isn't 'powerful' is because he doesn't want the patriarchal disposition of the nation to try and shift power from Aura to him once he has achievements. Especially with all the advanced technology he has ideas about.

Just watch what unfolds the next few chapters, this is where things start to turn for the MC an he starts doing more and showing his competence.

Double-page supporter
@WillLi Dw, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but it'll be lamer than you make it out to be. The MC could have done a lot more to sort out situations, but it's felt very underwhelming. For someone who has come from our world, he is awfully dense and timid in a lot of ways. Sure he's intelligent in a business sense, but that won't really get you anywhere if you aren't a merchant, but a king who chills at home.

Dex-chan lover
@XNovalX Again, he's a king who sits at home because he and Aura are intentionally trying to make him look incompetent so that Aura doesn't lose power. Zenjiro has the bloodline powers, so technically he is part of the family line and a legitimate air to the throne. If he's seen as competent, there is a chance the country might push for him to be the actual ruler instead of Aura. But Zenjiro is far from incompetent. As he just showed by denying Freya's help. Freya was suggesting she take some refugees to lighten the burden, but in doing that she would get citizens that can cast magic. Zenjiro politely refused without breaking etiquette or even taking time to think, and the way he responded made it pretty clear he noticed the trick too. Also being good at negotiations is very useful for a king, cause that's a lot of what a king does, negotiate with other nations.

Dex-chan lover
@RolandMayfield
Adding to that, he refer to his son as not even a year old. As someone who have studied math history before, The concept of the number 0 has historically been a tough concept to grasp. Fairly evident when you look at our years (we have 1 BC and 1 AD but no 0) or the lack of 0 in Roman Numerals. It wasn’t until the 5th century where the number 0 was commonly used (although I believe the messopotanians and the Mayans had it) in India and then it spreads. People before (and you’ll hear this ask from students) thinks that none and 0 are the same and it isn’t. I like this series cause I actually think it makes an interesting believable alternate world that you don’t see in isekais that often. For starters, magic plays an interesting development of the country vs most series (where its really just another weapon). For starters, bloodline magic cements a country’s monarchy, cause even if there were some backstabbing involved, they could lose magic that literally makes a country function. With Freya’s ship, we can get a rough estimate on tech level of countrys that don’t have magic (google says roughly 1450). The fact that by this time, Capulla doesn’t have a number system is beyond ridiculous in a world without magic. Ancient civilization like Mesopotamia and the mayans had a number system. Not having a number system makes everything a logistical nightmare... but the same world also had rulers being able to teleport to any part of their land (note that this is before all the royalty died) to offset their problems.

Supporter
@eridanired123

My thoughts exactly. Get a printed set of all of Wikipedia. It would be expensive and huge, but a better investment than an air-conditioner or the like.

Double-page supporter
@Screenwatch
It's a common misconception that the Romans didn't know about "Zero" as a concept, they very much did. The reason why the Roman numeral system didn't have a numeral for 0 because they didn't need to in their mathematical system, as it isn't a positional one like the Hindu-Arabic system we use today. If there would have been a numeral for zero it would have been used exactly in one place: Denoting nothing, i.e. when the number zero literally means zero.

The Hindu-Arabic numeral system is superior to the Roman only for longer and more complicated ones, i.e. those you can't solve on an abacus. For anything else the roman system is simply easier and faster. That's the main reason Hindu-Arabic numerals only became widespread in the 17th century, not the lack of a zero numeral.

Group Leader
I have a question about spoilers. I've read in comments that the blue-haired chick eventually
gets married with the MC, has it reached the point where they've had kids? Also, does he truly love her?

Dex-chan lover
2 types of comment those that think the MC is a beta cause they don’t understand what he just did and those that think he is a chad cause they actually understand what he just did.

Urgh, cliffhanger! Now I want to know why she thinks MC is actually smart.
My guess has to do with showing a surprisingly huge amount of insight on lands he was never in. Knowledge over livestock not present in his lands, conjecturing about the sea freezing, those might be common sense for us in 2020 Earth but I don't think they are in that world.
Even if not the above it's probably something outside the grasp of a soldier to realize how brilliant it is.

Aggregator gang
People keep calling him a beta man. Yet this beta man has a biological kid, which is leagues more than what the typical beta has.

Users who are viewing this thread