Road to Kingdom - Vol. 3 Ch. 11.2

Wow those soldiers are dumb. Haven't they heard of mercenaries?! Of course a mercenary would travel to find work.

Aggregator gang
@joshguy they wanted to steal his stuff. Nothing less, but they paid with their lives and they deserved to die. Hopefully MC also kills the lord of that place and they reduce tax. Since the greedy and stupid lords just want more money so they put a tax so heavy that people cant live, and if they revolt, they get killed.
Basically, a tax is a theft made by those who are stronger than you as a way to steal from you... with few exceptions, Even in my country chile, tax is almost all stolen by the corrupt goverment, which is over 90%

@ nachtness

Lol not really no😅... believe it or not, he's actually the second luckiest person in that world🤣... just behind a dumb idiot who will never meet death by sword.... or any prestige in society 😂

How much was a silver coin in coopers? I dont rememeber the currency exchange. If someone remember please could answer. Thanks

I know this isn’t high literature, but shooting a horse’s leg is not realistic in stopping a charge, you would just shoot, idk, the rider?

Dex-chan lover
@JohnnE Doing it with preparation hitting a horse's leg could damage both the horse and the rider. Hitting its rider is difficult because the body is balanced and usually have protector to lessen the damage.

Dex-chan lover
Their military existed not to protect their citizens.
I want to see their king and slit his throat.

Dex-chan lover
@JohnE "Shooting the horses legs" is actually how you break a cavalry charge. It's a matter of letting a fair amount of flying pointy sticks intersect with the front line of the charge. The art is in having enough flying pointy sticks landing to compensate for the relatively slim chance of actually hitting a horses' leg in full gallop. And enough time/RoF to try it several times. When it succeeds, the result is rather...dramatic... And not something even the best stuntmen can, or are willing to, recreate.
The english had the men, the skill and the luck at Agincourt. But there are plenty of historical battles where the tactic was used, with varying success.

What happened here is that our MC closed in on the enemy cavalry line quickly, so that the archers couldn't shoot without some serious Friendly Fire.
However... Even if our MC heroically manages to murderise the entire cavalry and infantry solo, the archers are still there. At short range. Ready to snipe or pincushion him. In any form of Real Life™ our MC would soon attain the "posthumous" bit of "hero".

Users who are viewing this thread