Robo Maid - Ch. 1 - My robo maid is now showing a lot more emotion.

Dex-chan lover
Credits page made me go, "That doesn't sound ethical."
Then made me contemplate about a breedable android waifu. It sounds good on paper but making something only for the purpose of satisfying your physical needs, longing for companionship, and family sounds rather sad. (Not talking about OP, but solely on the concept)
And I wondered how the android, knowing its entire existence was born out of mankind's loneliness, would feel.
It would feel nothing. You built it to love you, and it will. My conclusion is, it's ethical in the same way a fleshlight is ethical. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

Dex-chan lover
Credits page made me go, "That doesn't sound ethical."
Then made me contemplate about a breedable android waifu. It sounds good on paper but making something only for the purpose of satisfying your physical needs, longing for companionship, and family sounds rather sad. (Not talking about OP, but solely on the concept)
And I wondered how the android, knowing its entire existence was born out of mankind's loneliness, would feel.
It would feel nothing. You built it to love you, and it will. My conclusion is, it's ethical in the same way a fleshlight is ethical. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.
if you look at how men as a social and power group have treated women historically, i think this is a much more ethical solution to the need for companionship and release of sexual urges, tbh.
think of this scenario for example:
XVIII century wife: hey, husand, i... kinda don't like you. You just use me and expect me to take it? i'm leaving.
husband: oh, so i guess your father and brothers agree with you and support your decision?
wife: ...
husband: lol get back in the kitchen

Dex-chan lover
if you look at how men as a social and power group have treated women historically, i think this is a much more ethical solution to the need for companionship and release of sexual urges, tbh.
think of this scenario for example:
XVIII century wife: hey, husand, i... kinda don't like you. You just use me and expect me to take it? i'm leaving.
husband: oh, so i guess your father and brothers agree with you and support your decision?
wife: ...
husband: lol get back in the kitchen
That's a whole other conversation. Your solution seems like a stopgap to the problem. I think the ethically correct solution is to educate men and women about how to love and respect their partners. Fucking a non-responsive robot doesn't sound like it could help in the long run. I think it might even worsen relationships and their view of the other sex.

Dex-chan lover
As literally the most privileged social group to exist, regardless of age or culture?

I don't think pulling nonsense out of your ass constitutes as proof for anything buddy
What? Men as a whole. You'll find that, save some small exceptions, men/women relationships across civilization have been of dominance and control over body, mind and sexuality.
The example was to illustrate the difference of a living being having opinions vs a machine designed to do as you please with it. A woman being deprived of her freedom is bad. A machine doesn't have freedom, can't feel and there is nothing to pity of save of defend.its a tool without feelings.
It all boils down to wether you think a manufactured product can even be considered on the same moral level as a living being. I don't think so. All the pro robot propaganda in media is fake. Humans are superior to machinds, machines are for us to do as we please and not the other way round. You'd think that's a pretty rational stance, but a lot of people of power and influence want you to think that a soulless machine will eventually become more than human and will transcend nature. Nature is so much more big and wise than us, it's a sin to put man made things on the same moral grounds as living beings. If you think different I just can't even begin yo argue with you

Dex-chan lover
What? Men as a whole. You'll find that, save some small exceptions, men/women relationships across civilization have been of dominance and control over body, mind and sexuality.
The example was to illustrate the difference of a living being having opinions vs a machine designed to do as you please with it. A woman being deprived of her freedom is bad. A machine doesn't have freedom, can't feel and there is nothing to pity of save of defend.its a tool without feelings.
It all boils down to wether you think a manufactured product can even be considered on the same moral level as a living being. I don't think so. All the pro robot propaganda in media is fake. Humans are superior to machinds, machines are for us to do as we please and not the other way round. You'd think that's a pretty rational stance, but a lot of people of power and influence want you to think that a soulless machine will eventually become more than human and will transcend nature. Nature is so much more big and wise than us, it's a sin to put man made things on the same moral grounds as living beings. If you think different I just can't even begin yo argue with you
I would agree if the machines we’re talking about aren’t sentient, but if they are (like in this manga) it’s literal slavery 💀💀

Dex-chan lover
This housekeeper android with emotions is cute. :glee:

Her owner, on the other hand, likes the original programming for a stone-faced robot maid that will cook, clean, and fuck him. :thonk:

To each their own.

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't there be some settings where the owner can select power of expression and his preferred personality? Like, there is at least 16 personalities, there is no way just one hardcoded personality is enough to satisfy every customer.

Users who are viewing this thread