Rock it, GiRL!! - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - The Last Track: Whole Lotta Love

Dex-chan lover
I don't want to be the one but despite the happy ending,isn't the thing kinda messy ? If someone can put me a timeline fromwhat happen since chapter 8 i will be grateful because i don't have a clue oh how the things happen.

Dex-chan lover
I too didn't expect this to have such a happy ending and am quite sad that this series is over cause I really liked the main pair and it was really good, if it had more chapters and it was actually fleshed out for example the other really famous band that wanted to battle with them that where very good ended up disappearing after that time skip of the MC's band getting famous and other bullshit things I wish we saw more of then this series would've been amazing but instead it just had really good potential and lived way too short OTL

Dex-chan lover
didn't got more insight on the "bad" characters, though it was a surprisingly good read 😊

@Lilliwyt

Some stuff happened, which forced them to grow apart, but not really~~

It is definitely a bit messy.
I feel like the author had an idea of where this series was supposed to be going but did not get the time/chapters to work out their full vision, and finally decided to joost flash forward, leaving the middle up to interpretation.

It still sort of works as a concept but I would like to see what a more fleshed out version of the story would have liked like.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I felt like this could have been a lot more than it was. Some good ideas and some characters with a spark of something about them, but all handled kind of clumsy.

Dex-chan lover
This series got halted, but then was brought back in a way that allowed the mangaka to bring it to a close in an abbreviated fashion. So naturally it's a disappointment to those who had hopes for it based largely on the episodes before the plug was pulled.

Dex-chan lover
I started this on a whim and got really invested...it had so much going for it and so much potential — a really sad case of cancellation (?)...

I feel bad about how messy the conclusion we got was...that time skip essentially meant that the author still wanted to tell the whole story even if they had to destroy all the impact and pacing. Instead I feel like lowering the scale of the story would’ve worked better since now I’ll just feel bitter about what could’ve been.

Fed-Kun's army
very confused on some events, but i liked it. The pacing was good before the hiatus, so it probably wouldve been able to tie up the loose ends if it continued, but at least they were able to conclude the story.

ive reread the last two chapters like like 10 times now and im still confused. So like the commercial forced mushroom to write cheerful songs that she didnt like which grew their popularity, and so management forced them to change their songs to be more cheerful. Then she went and did street performances again because she was feeling tired of having to write those songs, then she agreed to help with the new band because it allowed her to write songs she wanted again, then Seira got jealous. Then mushroom decides to quit and go solo because she could no longer write songs that would be fitting of seira, but still wanted Seira to 'not be limited by her narrow scope of songs' (not sure how going solo solves that since she wouldnt be singing them, also have no idea what 'while i can still write songs for Seiras sake' was implying at the end of ch11)?? is it because of corporate meddling or writers block? she says theres no worth staying by her side if she cant write songs for her, so like is it because she cant write the songs she used to that fit her image??? but then at the end Seira says she wants her to write songs for only her, so is she still going to write the cheerful songs and abandon writing for the other band, or is she going back to the old style? then Siera says she cant sing without mushroom, and she just decides not to quit.

i mightve misinterpreted something but this story makes me really confused trying to understand the character intentions. Like if the main issue was corporate meddling forcing them to change their songs and them not fitting Seiras image (or it mightve been writers block, im still not sure), then it never really gave a solution to why mushroom changed her mind about quitting after the talk with Seira, and the issue was kinda not addressed unless im an idiot and im glossing over it. ive been stressing out trying to put this puzzle together for like 2 hours

my headcannon is that Siera got jealous and started acting differently when mushroom was writing for the other band, and mushroom took this as her not liking the songs she wrote. Then realized at the end in the hospital that siera just wanted to sing her songs, and be the only one that does.

Dex-chan lover
very confused on some events, but i liked it. The pacing was good before the hiatus, so it probably wouldve been able to tie up the loose ends if it continued, but at least they were able to conclude the story.

ive reread the last two chapters like like 10 times now and im still confused. So like the commercial forced mushroom to write cheerful songs that she didnt like which grew their popularity, and so management forced them to change their songs to be more cheerful. Then she went and did street performances again because she was feeling tired of having to write those songs, then she agreed to help with the new band because it allowed her to write songs she wanted again, then Seira got jealous. Then mushroom decides to quit and go solo because she could no longer write songs that would be fitting of seira, but still wanted Seira to 'not be limited by her narrow scope of songs' (not sure how going solo solves that since she wouldnt be singing them, also have no idea what 'while i can still write songs for Seiras sake' was implying at the end of ch11)?? is it because of corporate meddling or writers block? she says theres no worth staying by her side if she cant write songs for her, so like is it because she cant write the songs she used to that fit her image??? but then at the end Seira says she wants her to write songs for only her, so is she still going to write the cheerful songs and abandon writing for the other band, or is she going back to the old style? then Siera says she cant sing without mushroom, and she just decides not to quit.

i mightve misinterpreted something but this story makes me really confused trying to understand the character intentions. Like if the main issue was corporate meddling forcing them to change their songs and them not fitting Seiras image (or it mightve been writers block, im still not sure), then it never really gave a solution to why mushroom changed her mind about quitting after the talk with Seira, and the issue was kinda not addressed unless im an idiot and im glossing over it. ive been stressing out trying to put this puzzle together for like 2 hours

my headcannon is that Siera got jealous and started acting differently when mushroom was writing for the other band, and mushroom took this as her not liking the songs she wrote. Then realized at the end in the hospital that siera just wanted to sing her songs, and be the only one that does.
Thank you so much. I was so confused over the ending, and this really helped. Though I must say that the story needed more chapters to really tell a proper story, and I still have no idea who the girl Siera was playing twister with was.

Users who are viewing this thread