ROLL OVER AND DIE: I Will Fight for an Ordinary Life with My Love and Cursed Sword!

Dex-chan lover
@Shirobane

What's extra crazy is that Seven Seas bought the rights, and they plan on releasing 3 volumes by June. The first volume, from the looks of it, will be 4-5 chapters (160 pages, average chapter looks to be about 30, but I don't remember if the first chapter was the typical ~60 page breakout issue), so either they're expecting a huge swath of additional chapters by the release of volume 2 in May (to get to the expected 9-10 total) ooooorrrr... they're gonna tumble over their optimism and push the 3rd volume to 2022.

Contributor
@mukiex first volume in Japan is 4 chapters (plus a short story) and 160 pages (according to Amazon; BookWalker list it at 170 but that includes the dust jacket, covers, and colophon etc). First chapter was just under 55 pages (https://bookwalker.jp/de5c565d10-1391-44da-9843-0992588ba8bb/).

@melbisbelbis Oh... Well... Um.... THATS EVEN HOTTER THAN YURI GENDERSWAP LOLI NTR UGLY BASTARD TRAP YAOI FUTA HENTAI 0-o I CANT WAITTTT

Pls no intestines, I just want yuri and fluff ;-;

Fed-Kun's army
Ok...it's a long time since i don't fell bad for a protagonist. BUT REALLY,it fells like she is playing in nightmare mode.

Group Leader
What is with these slow af releases? (This isn’t directed at the scanlations team, I know they’re being translated as the come out. I’m talking about the speed of raw releases.)

Group Leader
@EnderWin Chapter 1 was done by A Mob Of Dear and they took it down due to their removal policy. ( https://mobofdeer.wordpress.com/2020/11/13/removal-of-content/ )

We're gonna do the CH1 over but don't expect it any sooner than end of January next year.

Aggregator gang
You really have to turn off your brain for the setup. It just doesnt make sense at all. Imagine you have a job, e.g. construction work and you cant even lift a 1 kilogramm hammer. But.. *drum roll* ... you STAY! WTF?! Its basically the same here, only its another form of physical work. What would be the logical conclusion in a logical world? Right, you dont get the job and if you got it somehow and dont perfom, you will LOSE the job. Happens all the time.

But what did happen here? She stayed and instead of talking to her like "maybe you should go? It just doesnt work out, no offence" she still decided to stay, even (almost) everyone hated her and she knew she was useless. At least thats what I get from the LN, where I read the a bit more detailed first chapter. And then the one dimensional antagonist char flips out and sells her off (not really clear if behind the party member's back or with consent)

Unless a convincing reason pops up later on (not until chapter 7) its just super lazy and bad writing to have a revenge plot. Maybe he wanted to kick her out so badly, hated her to the core anyway, so he thought that its the best option to sell her off, because the party kind of still wanted her to stay. I dont know. I could rant more in more details of potential reasonings, but this would include some spoiler besides from chapter 1 and also would result in an extreme wall of text.

Still later on it is ok, but I just cant cope up with this bad introduction.

Dex-chan lover
listen guys you literally have to read the light novel or your gunna get 100% lost i’m not joking

If you don't understand why that guy kicked her out of the party in the horrible way he did then it's because he's a psychopath that has a one sided love with Cyrill. Flum and Cyrill got along TOO well he thought because they are both from the country. I mean yeah, he's a cartoonish villian but he isn't doing things at random. Flum stayed in the party because she didn't want to disappoint her parents. Seriously, read the light novel. It's quite good, weird and horrific. The manga is rushing at a breakneck place and the light novel takes about halfway through until you understand peoples motivations. In the light novel they don't even talk about Cyrill's situation till pretty far in.

There are several flashbacks in the light novel that clear up the beginning of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread