Rom-com childhood friend love rival arcs?

Dex-chan lover
Okay hear me out, I doubt anyone will even see this thread BUT I wanna know something. As a romcom lover who’s seen tons and tons and TONS Of troupes and scenarios, I’ve never once liked the arc where the FMC of the series is pitted against the childhood friend of the MC. I just read a few comments on this shoujo shounen hybrid romance manga and most of these people loved the fact that the childhood friend is making moves and getting in the way, SO My question to you is, do you enjoy this part of the material or do you kindly despise it like me? (I know conflict is needed for development, but man these arcs just hit differently, especially when the childhood friend starts being super bitchy)

Dex-chan lover
Depends on how it's handled, really.
If it becomes a super serious "battle" just to see who wins some guy's heart it feels cringe and dumb, but obviously two characters who love the same person might act like enemies in certain situations.

Dex-chan lover
Depends on how it's handled, really.
If it becomes a super serious "battle" just to see who wins some guy's heart it feels cringe and dumb, but obviously two characters who love the same person might act like enemies in certain situations.
Fully agree like I like when it’s a mature rivalry but most manga tend to cut that mature nature out early to further push the idea of the real FMC being the mc’s match, when it’s done right it’s actually really pleasant to read but as soon as the side chick does something underhanded it’s just idk, ruins it for me man as you said just turns into cringe dumb bs, main thing is that it’s always the side chick that does the bs first, and I personally hate that

Users who are viewing this thread