Rooftop Sword Master - Ch. 49

I’m not going too in-depth but I still sympathize with the MC, to a certain degree. I want those fucking second-gen pricks as dead as a Christmas Tree on New Years Eve, too. But the police and military definitely didn’t deserve it. That being said, they were shooting at him so he had to defend himself. Plus he did tell them to stand the fuck down. So I’m pretty conflicted. On the other hand, it sucks ass HARD that those in power can still persuade the general public by playing the sympathy card. It’s highly effective, but it’s still unfortunate in my opinion. His ‘sweet’ daughter was the sourest, bitterest, spiciest piece of filth ever. I wish all their wrong doings and shady deals come to light by the end but that doesn’t look like how things are panning out. I was genuinely expecting this to be a 50 Chapter max Power Trip Fantasy with a fairly “satisfying” conclusion but damn was I wrong.

To the people saying the MC is in the wrong, i feel you but this man has been so mentally destroyed if you had the power i think we would all do the same. Because in his eyes their protecting the person who murdered his mother and father. Even if its the big rigs that are in the wrong and they're only following orders it's not like that in his mind.

@higira When he ultimately overthrow the korean government, he will acquire what is called "monopoly of legitimate violence" , and the police/military force of the previous regime will be viewed as the enemies.

Happened all the time in history. There's only 4 scenario after you've employed violence against a government in its territory: death, surrender, full retreat/exile, or coup d'etat, and I don't see him choosing the first 3 options. Since foreign countries are looking to take advantage of a weakened and humiliated korean military, he could take on the mantle of a defender against foreign invasion to replace an incompetent government.

Miv

Aggregator gang
it's always funny when people blend high level theory with degenerate entertainment.

Dex-chan lover
I guess this is the time the irregular squad is going to appear?

Aggregator gang
Tak Seyoung didn't kill those that backed off though like the US military. You would think that after he is first shown to be bulletproof, these Korean military and police will stop trying to throw their lives away fighting him, but no. It's just a job, why are they giving away their lives? The later casualties were certainly their own fault.

@Miros
What do you expect when you kill people out in the open for revenge? Its the same thing with vigilante and the cops. Cops just doing their job to protect the peace, vigilante trying to do justice for the world. Except that isn't even that here. MC is doing this for revenge plain and simple. So of course you're going to get shot.

@HolyDemon I agree

@RevereShin
"Don't deserve it"... thing is - when you take job protecting somebody you take each and every sin of person you protect when said person hides behind your back to evade retribution. And it's pretty clear case of justice system being compromised from the get go so "social contract" of trusting law to do their thing eventually do not work. And if with military it can be argued about conscription, police officers could've resigned instead going into meatgrinder. But they valued their paycheck more. Especially glaring with investigator, who knows that nothing could've been done and would be done about issue, but still think that MC should've sucked it up to not ruin illusion.

Dex-chan lover
lul as per usual people still talking shit on the internet.

these chapters can be boiled down to simply "u w0t m8. il have you know i graduated at the top of my class in the navy seals you son of b____, and i have been involved in numerous conflicts with years of experience. you don't scare me even tho tanks and artillery does absolute nothing to you im still not scared so im gonna risk my life for this government even tho im fully aware of how shoddy the government is and the family that done the atrocious acts against you and your family etc!

meanwhile...... face broken in and on the floor full of blood... yeaaaa, should really start thinking about common sense at this point rather than your job or loyalty!

more revenge plz.

Supporter
boxer... a little dumb. this guy cut down a jet, what are you going to do with sport fighting?

The guy shrugs off tank shells like it's mosquitoes and that idiot is like "ima fist fight him !" 🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread