Rosario to Vampire Season II

Group Leader
This is definitely one of my all time favorites.
Why? Because it's the epitome of literary perfection and has no flaws? No.
But due to the absolutely astounding evolution the series goes through.
Not to mention that I found the main cast really charming and the comedy mostly spot-on. :>

Starting off as an, even at the time, fairly generic shounen romcom with a "twist" to something more akin to a battle seinen.
From something with art that seemed more fit for a 4-koma to everyone-is-a-bishi-now!?
From a super predictable shounen manga to something with actual twist and turns.

And it's not just that by itself but the incredibly seamless fashion in which it happened too.
At almost any point in time during the series you can just jump back 10 chapters and immediately notice surprisingly severe differences in art, if nothing else.

I'd honestly love if Ikeda at some point went back to the series and made a third season.
While most of the main issues have been resolved, I think is still enough material left to make another season out of. And if not, I'm sure he could think of something. :>
Moreover, I'd simply love to see what Ikeda would do with a third season.

Truth be told, I was actually up to around chapter 58 back when it was still being actively translated but then decided to wait for what seemed like the final arc to finish, before I'd get back to it.
When it did finally finish, enough time had passed for me to forget many of the more important plot details again and was consequently never quite in the mood to get back to it. Couple that with my HDD dying and me losing track of what my last read chapter was... Yeah.
So I figured I would wait until I'd consider another reread worthwhile.
Took me 6 years to finally get around to it. Bajeebus.
And if that wasn't bad enough, with all the random interruptions and senseless procrastinations it took me roughly another 6 months to actually read through the entire thing. Season 1 and 2 combined. Badoublejeebus.

Still, I had a good time.
For the reasons I outlined above but... likely also for sentimental reasons, I won't deny that.
Then again, that's probably how it normally goes, anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But that's exactly what that means. A person is made up of their personality and memories/experiences; you could also make the argument that it's just the personality since your personality is built off your experiences. While you could also argue genetics is a huge factor, we're talking about a mother and daughter so it's a non-issue in this case.
Eh, don't really feel like going over that again, but aside from that the problem is that you're trying to use real-life logic(?) to refute the given in-universe explanation. :V

Dex-chan lover
@Carnage
Me too, I mean it does have certain flaws but damn what a journey it has.
This is like the 4th rereading this and despite having typical shounen trope the story manages to keep up by giving interesting plotline to follow without the downtime of boring chapters while also providing progress of main characters.
The 2nd season ending may certainly not having a marriage or such but that ending does give what actually means to be a happy ending with "Harem/Polygamy" kind of theme.

Though I honestly have no idea what the author doing all these years but considering the series have been running from 2004 to 2014, I guess he earned a break after making it that long.
A season 3 might be possible back then but now, I guess things fine as it is.

This was the 2nd thing i've ever watched outside of television, man those 2015(?) Days are nostalgic

Absolutely love this manga. It was the first manga I read, and it got me into the hobby of reading and buying manga volumes. Great story, great romance, and great characters. Good action as well, the final arch and action was well worth the wait. I highly recommend this as a read!

@Molvera I don't know, but I know that the anime is completely different from the manga, it differs a lot in the first season, this is the second season so I guess you wouldn't understand anything of what's happening.

It was the mothers personality yes, but outer Moka wasn't the Mother, she was Moka, Fusing the two personalities is imo the best way to solve the problem of having 2 person inside the same body, and of course it's only possible because both personalities share a lot of traits, like loving Tsukune (maybe the most important thing).

I recall finishing this series many years ago, and I had wanted to revisit it.

I ...thought there were a lot more chapters, did it get taken down from other sites and is only now being put back up? Is Season II something else entirely?

@Nuggz

Wait, what? I could have sworn that Rosario + Vampire had already ended, so Season 2 is something entirely new? I checked it out on the official website and I could have sworn that it was just one of the mid-way parts of what I remember seeing, the smaller, Chinese-looking, somewhat goth-loli vampire girl with the dimensional power that effectively turns her hands into reality erasers or whatever. I ask because I vividly recall that being not the end, and a quick search on the internet has other people talking about the ending and events leading up to it that I remember. I apologize if this is stupid of me, but I am completely lost here, so I'd appreciate any helpful info you might have.

Dex-chan lover
@LittleLovableLoli Season 2 picks up where the first Rosario + Vampire left off, which i think was tsukune learning about wtf is going on with his body since Moka injected more of her blood into him. The easiest way to tell the difference between the 2 is that Rosario + Vampire 1 is more of ur typical harem and funny stuff, Season 2 however has hella more action in it and is WAAAAAAY more serious

@Nuggz

Yeah! I know, and it ended years ago, didn't!? I remember loving it more and more as it progressed, as they developed not only the rest of the main cast, but also the side characters, to a point that the side characters had their own relationships and chemistries with other side characters, i.e. Kung Fu Birdman (Tengu?) and Moka's Not-Tsundere sister, or Werewolf Man and the Succubus whose name begins with "T"

(This was years back, I can't remember names for shit.)

But, yeah, I am super confused, again I apologize if I'm asking questions with super obvious answers...

This story is art. Like someone else mentioned before, just the amount of maturation and growth the art, the story and the characters go through is stunning. Not a lot of mangas can accurately portray or play off personal growth in such an effective and satisfying way, but Rosario + Vampire, both Season 1 and Season II pulled it off magically.

Plus, the Tim-Burton-esque setting is truly unique and a great culture mash of halloween-monster/horror-monster aesthetics mixed with the strange-real realism of the human world that is obliviously minding it's own business just a couple of miles away. Ikeda was really able to give this series a movie-like melodrama feel to it, even with all of the comedy and harem antics sprinkled throughout.

Absolute 10/10 masterpiece manga that definitely deserves more recognition. Hopefully, we'll get some sort of continuation or tribute someday... for now, just happy that the creator is back with Ghost Reaper Girl.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah i can't say that i liked this one
i felt that the story was all over the place.
And a little bit repetitive with the first chapter
from volume 6 to the end was good and interesting.
I didn't like that much that thing about two souls and the real moka dying
I am not even sure about that one.
7/10
Feels like if i had read this while it was a weekly/monthly it would have been so much better

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
It started off as a generic harem rom-com with some action. Then changed into a generic shounen action with romance. I think I preferred the former over the latter, especially with the last arcs and that shitty ending. Or non-ending. So many things left unresolved.

Why are scanilation sites translating this manga when the offical English version of the whole series has been already translated and officially released in manga form over 6 years ago....

Users who are viewing this thread