Rosen Garten Saga - Vol. 10 Ch. 57 - Blessing & Curse ~Rache~

Supporter
Inb4 orochi gets casually quasi revived like sigmund. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens too

Reactions: le3
Group Leader
Maybe Brunhild will have a happy ending after all, depending how closely this follows the source material.

Dex-chan lover
I forget, had they explained prior her insane lust and going full stupid for someone was a result of a curse?

I don't remember in this manga it being specified, but a lot of the characters are presented with the assumption that the reader would get a lot of the historical/mythological references without the manga explaining them itself. Which is why I appreciate the background notes on the last page of the scanlation every chapter so much (thanks guys!)

The manga mixes, reinterprets and sometimes makes some assumptions about the various myths...which is rather mind-boggling sometimes for the Germanic characters because there's a shit-ton of different depictions of them in literature. Regarding Brun's curse, this could be referencing some Norse versions where she was a Valkyrie cursed by Odin as punishment to become imprisoned or set in eternal sleep. She must be awoken by and marry a man with no fear to be set free. Versions differ on whether the requirement about a man with no fear came from herself or Odin. Either way, while Sigurd (Siegfried) freed her by meeting that requirement, he didn't end up marrying her. Some interpretations are that the curse evolved as a result, resulting in her killing the ones she loves.

Since we are on that topic, I am wondering how her relationship (if any) changes now with Atilla. In more modern Scandinavian versions, she is actually Atilla's sister.

why did he kill himself tho?

My interpretation is he already accepted that he was defeated and 'killed' by her. In his mind, this was not something he was going to oppose. But he still decided he was going to go out 'satisfying' her as Mulan demanded he should. And at the same time, take a shot at the Gods. He seems happy enough with flipping the bird at any representation of divinities for this purpose. I like this a lot. I don't think it was about honor. As a former god, he doesn't think about death in the same way as humans, even if he too meets it some day. As he said, it was a whim. Gods are capricious.

Does it matter? Characters in this manga are so insane, they might as well be all cursed by default, so it's not that far fetched that she was cursed.
that's probably what that ring is all about, probably the reason everyone's getting along so well is cause Kriemhild wished for it on the dang "Ring of Nibelung".

or alternatively: Siegfried used it for that and Kriemhild is using it to end all curses, hence the men cursed into women dying as they were meant to (something that would have certainly happened if Siegfrieds wish/curse hadn't warped the world into something debauched) and Orochi dying to eat that curse this chapter. even Arthur is likely avoiding a cursed fate by following this wacky path he's now on.

IT'S THAT BLASTED RING!!!!!:wtf:

edit: if that's it we're probably about to find out in the next few chapters!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
RIP Orochi you were a man among men, also Mulan you were amazing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Does it matter? Characters in this manga are so insane, they might as well be all cursed by default, so it's not that far fetched that she was cursed.
Considering the entire plot of this manga is based on a curse? Yes it does matter. Wouldn't surprise me if her curse was done by the same person who did the FMC's curse.

Users who are viewing this thread