Rosen Garten Saga - Vol. 11 Ch. 73 - Dance Performance ~Live-Aufführung~

Dex-chan lover
"GAAAHH my opponent's too strong what should I do?"
"Guess I will just inform his parent that he's causing inconvenience to others"
SLdwcHb_d.webp

Dex-chan lover
It's a bit interesting take by the author that Arthur, who possesses a version of a MC plot armor, consistently loses against everyone. Even when he tried pulling the "I believe in the power of friendship" card, he lost. When he tried to pull the "I'm releasing the beast within" card, he lost. I'm projecting, but I think the author is sick of the starry-eyed shonen protagonist and the power level creep that accompanies it, and as someone who is also tired of shonen tropes, I'm on this ride til the end.

Dex-chan lover
Very fitting that a "Dance Performance" chapter has superb choreography! Author always lands the shots. Once again power upgrades aren't just thoughtless "more", it's pretty cool that Excalibur's "use of other possibilities" would get extended not merely to power Arthur up but to find help from other people's other possibilities and thus side stepping a direct clash. That actually is arguably more growth on the path of a King, who can't just necessarily do everything himself. Then the finale being the classic "two samurai lit from behind clashing in front of a screen" but done in an RGS way is also awesome. Yamato comes out on top, yet their hearts were swayed regardless.
It's a bit interesting take by the author that Arthur, who possesses a version of a MC plot armor, consistently loses against everyone. Even when he tried pulling the "I believe in the power of friendship" card, he lost. When he tried to pull the "I'm releasing the beast within" card, he lost.
Eh? Arthur won against everyone up until facing Sieg. That his age and lack of experience shows is good, but even when he loses, Arthur still makes an impression on his opponents. Again, even Sieg, who started bored and just planning to gender swap and bang him, ended up really enjoying the fight and specifically chose to use the sword that wouldn't do that when he finished things, teaching Arthur a lesson and bringing him onto the team. Here yeah Arthur and co got defeated, but again made a good showing, grew themselves, and also swayed the hearts of their opponents. It's a pretty unique mix of feelings and outcomes all while staying true to the epic poems. Through great perversion great honor!

Dex-chan lover
Is that..... Is that powerpuff Arthur on the right side? The fuck!? Hahahaha

Was that.... Konohana Sakuya?

"I have been selfishly forcing my own assumptions on you"..... Y'know, the Kojiki is very vague, especially over Takeru.... But that sounds like a valid interpretation.

Man.... Arthur really can never get a win, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread