Roujoteki Shoujo Hinata-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - The Exciting Plum-like Process

Dex-chan lover
I’m wondering why the blond girl was drooling at the end

Dex-chan lover
Granny strikes with vengeance, Riceball is effective!

Granny: 1
Edgegirl: 1

Double-page supporter
Moka is odd, this nursery is strangely well equipped to make umeboshi in this quantity and Hinata has a lot of rice in her home.

Dex-chan lover
Sakuya was killed in her previous life, and now gets a second chance to get revenge with an unique broken skill

Dex-chan lover
@breizh
sour food triggers your mouth to salivate, apparently it needs more saliva to neutralize the acid or something like that
now because she knew now that it is sour, her mouth produces more saliva to anticipate when she eat it, it's a reflex thing

no, not because she saw something cute, take off your yuri goggles XD

@Flyingpantsu You're goddamn right, @Kaarme. My parents and every Asian kid's parent I know growing up kept huge bags of rice at our homes. I still keep a literal 25 lbs bag of rice in my kitchen because it feels wrong to not have one. Even though it is taking forever to consume that bag because I live on my own now, eat out, and also have western dishes to eat.

------

When I was a 3 years old (and yes, I do know I was 3 because it still in my old "home" before we moved at 4), my dad brings back home pizza. One day, instead of the usual cheese pizza, he brought back pepperoni. I took a big bite and went screaming out of the room and crying how it was so spicy. I did not dare try another pepperoni pizza for like 3 years.

This chapter reminded me that memory. And an observation I learned after learning that our tastebuds decline as we get older. We really do forget that children do taste food a lot stronger than we do as adults. It's a major factor to why so many kids don't like vegetables, or how adults increasing drink coffee black without care, or (apparently) even older people in my culture loves "bittermellon" soup.

Remember people, if you're taking care of a kid. Remember everything they taste is a lot stronger. Sure, there's still the kid that may still like the food like Moka, but it because they just like the taste which taste even stronger for them.

Contributor
qDMPJTq.png

♪♫♬

Dex-chan lover
I like sour things but I don't like umeboshi because of the saltiness. The normal ones are super salty. Weird how that never gets mentioned in manga though...

And yeah there are sweet umeboshi as well made in honey but that's not the standard type. And it's clearly not what they were making here because she specifically mentioned the salt.

Dex-chan lover
@YuzuCSH @RhoninFire In this home country of mine, I saw the huge sacks for the first time when I visited ethnic stores. Bigger supermarkets might sell some maybe 3kg bags, but more often than not it's 1kg units (bags or cartons) of different sorts of rice.

Users who are viewing this thread