Roujoteki Shoujo Hinata-chan - Vol. 5 Ch. 35 - The Conviction-like Truth

Dex-chan lover
It's bittersweet. I like it though - being able to let go of your previous attachments to start anew in your current life feels like a fresh start.

She may not remember the happy times but she also doesn't remember the pain.

Dex-chan lover
That's some horrific stuff to not be able to tell anyone about.

Group Leader
@Ingway Probably works the same way it does in Death Note where you lose all memories related to your past life and any interactions related to that. It's why she still remembers her classmates. Selective memory loss.

Double-page supporter
I'm glad Sakuya is happy even if she doesn't remember Sadao. She deserves to live her life without the pain of her past life

Fed-Kun's army
It’s pretty scary knowing that one days you might lose certain memories. I believe that one part of what makes us us is our memories, so if something happen to those, there are bound to be changes. We would not be the same.

Fed-Kun's army
Oblivion upon death is better than this
Fuck me I'm in serious nonexistential crisis because of this fuck

@Bootybug ain't as simple as that. As you grew older and reread your diary, you'd doubt the content yourself and shrug it off as you having vast imagination when you were young.

Fed-Kun's army
Can't say I like this development, the past memories has been central to both Hinata and Sakuyas personality and identity, so it feels cheap that they can be selectively forgotten without it having major issues for their daily lives.
Assuming it isn't just Sakuya pretending/trying to forget.

Dex-chan lover
@tsuu that's still an adult inside, capable of eloquent writing and explanations of the situation and thought process. Even if the memory would fade, you'd give some serious consideration later, having read something a young child would not be able to pen down.

Well... after you're gone, people still remember you... It's the same thing IRL
It also seems reincarnation only cuts it up to a point

Its been so long ive forgotten her lingering ties. Its has something to do with fireworks with sadao, right? Or is it not specified yet?

Also existential crisis at 6, life’s hard for her ayt. although im expecting from the start that the series is probably ending with her losing her memories too and living a satisfied life and everything. But seeing it happened with sakuya hits different. Especially if im thinking in hinata’s shoes. The feeling of loss and sadness(?).

Users who are viewing this thread