Roujoteki Shoujo Hinata-chan - Vol. 5 Ch. 37 - The School Year-like Future

Dex-chan lover
Every time her past comes up I always wonder what the fuck happened since they seemingly were living a pretty normal and decent life without many worries but then she fucking died and now Sadao is barely able to subsist.
I wanna know what happened to his parents too.

Power Uploader
I'll be sad if this ends with them watching the fireworks together and then she forgets everything like her friend did.

Dex-chan lover
@Midoriha They were most likely lived off her pension. Even if she had savings, they were probably less that could support him for 7 years, or maybe her assets were distributed between the rest of the family too, there could be several reasons.

GREAT chapter. This is what this manga is about. Quiet, thoughtful, and a little melancholy. I think the mangaka's also really improved at writing Hinata more like an elder. I don't mean her habits or discomfort with more modern/western stuff (clothes, food, etc)—they've thrown in the gag anachronisms and stuff from early on—I mean her way of thinking and relating to other people seems a little better done.

Dex-chan lover
So she may lose her memories if she goes to the fireworks with her "grandson".

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't deciding what to do in the future be easier to someone that has already lived once?
Since they know how it works in reality and what they could do well enough to make a living off?

This is so touching, she genuinly loves her grandson and this follow her until next life. This make me think about my late grandma and her genuine love for me. Will it be sad if one day she forget about her grandson? I dont know. I dont think a firework will make this love disappear, it must have something bigger than this: maybe when she finally see Sadao find his bride and have his own grandson. She can watch her grandson growing old and be his friend, something we can rarely do due to the age gap between grandparents and grandchilds. You usually die before being able to see what and how your grandchildren become. It can be a beautiful dream: be able to watch after your loved one their wholelife, it doesnt mean that you will interfere with their life, or being a creepy stalker.

Group Leader
@mahtan For us youngsters thinking about it from the perspective of a reincarnated sounds easy, but you have to consider she was an 88 years old grandma who spent her whole life in a rural area.
It's already pretty common for people in those parts to just go with the flow and end up aging without concern, especially during the time she would have lived (remember, she must have been alive for the WWII in her past life, so thinking about the future wasn't something they had the luxury to do). This must be her first time in two lives that she's had the opportunity and the encouragement to think about that.

Dreams for the future, huh? As a kid, I used to want to be a soldier, a kind of hero fighting for the sake of protecting the Country. Alas, my physical condition denied me of that dream, and as I grew up, I saw the reality of what being a soldier actually is and despaired due to that.
Now I just want to be the guy who can point his middle finger to the world with a giant smile

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie. I got teary looking at that Grandma-Grandson montage. I really miss my grandmas.

I can relate to her dream of nurturing familial and friendship bonds. It's something we should all aspire to.

Aggregator gang
@Sylveran
Same feeling I had, my dear grandmother passed away while I was studying in foreign country and I wasn't told until I came back.
I felt so horrible because she was doing everything possible for me

I seriously miss her

Dex-chan lover
Leaving her grandson is definitely her biggest regret. It consumes her mind the same way Sadou did the reincarnated cat. I assume the proper path to the ending is seeing him living his life successfully, and realizing he's going to be okay with his own big family even without her, putting her in the same situation as we saw before where she'll forget the memories that bind her past to the present. But I kinda want her to always be that younger kid attached to him, and yet has no idea why. Even if she forgets him, I still want her to be attached to him. Cause I have a feeling he's going to eventually learn the truth, and it would be pretty painful for him to be the only person between the two of them who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread