Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Working on a project.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group Leader
Anyone heard of this engine and play games made from it before? How do you like them? Who even attempted to make games with it?

Pretty good for new developers who can't cope, but also has a bad rep because it's easy to abuse for people who don't want to put effort in and just make a crappy game.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I saw this video and more recently, High-Score Girl, and ever since then I've had the idea of creating my own RPG, especially since I have these sudden thoughts of characters and habilities every now and then, but I never write them down because I can't use them.

I think I've seen some horror adventure games made with a similar engine and some of them didn't look so bad, they were interesting in their own way.

There's 999999999 games for this, especially japanese, it's like their version of the western gamemaker, but more effort put into the average shovelware.

I've played more rpg maker games than i want to count.

Dex-chan lover
I had a game called RPG Maker for the PS1, but I don't know if it's the same thing.

well i make one private game as a gift for my friend birthday
is quite good
well as low entry engine that need almost no programming knowledge beforehand i said its quite good for it's purpose
i also play and watch some good game made using it

Double-page supporter
I've played a lot of them. But they were in Japanese. I have a lot of fun with them because they tell a deeper story than manga because of their length and, because they're Indie, they don't tiptoe around the questionable topics.

I make games with it.
Example: https://gamejolt.com/games/false-rebirth-enhanced-edition/537664

And I'd say it's for anyone who wants to tell stories, visually. But doesn't have any art skills to create something like a manga.
I've played lots of games made in RPG Maker. And one of its main charm is simply that, you're playing something that's the vision and creative effort of one single person. (That you can even message & talk to.) :D

Dex-chan lover
[Shinachiku-castella] Scars of Summer is a masterpiece

Dex-chan lover
I tried making a game on the PS1 version. It didn't go too well, and I just ended up playing the preloaded one.

Edit: Whoops, looks like 2020 me already mentioned it

Dex-chan lover
I've played a few and I like them. I've also spent some time fucking around in an rpg maker engine (never made a complete game though. maybe one day...)

Users who are viewing this thread