Rules for Peddling in Another World

I dropped this at ch16 2 weeks ago and on a whim I clicked here and based on the chapter titles for 17-19, I can say with complete confidence that I made the right decision in dropping.

c1

It's not great or anything, but I'm kind of enjoying it as a guilty pleasure.

This is so bad, I gave it a chance up to chapter 18 and it just kept getting worst. The plot is so cliche and the pacing is ridiculously fast.

The author wants to call their character a genius but knows too little about business or economics to even write a competent merchant. With the churn in the fiction and manhua market, there’s not even time for this author to fix their own shortcomings. Instead, they just write a trite storyline and generic horny self insert Gary Sue.

Fed-Kun's army
I may not agree with the economics, but I have to say I do think the MC is much better than all the other Manhua Avengers.

His is not a position of irresistible power, he does hit blocks in the road that challenge him.

I like that he's not just a martial artist dressed as a business man (yk. In a lot of manhuas, the MC is always cultivating to get stronger and anything else is an addon to show how perfect he is.) nor is he some blood thirsty combatant that power lvls with a bunch of magical drugs that sound like they were named on the spot. Bonus points, there is little to no element of harem (but we're only 30 chapters in so that can change) so the story is isn't being dragged down by the mc showing off how many girls he can surround himself with....though there's now 3 females

The story's focus is how he goes about building and running a business. And that's better be

Insurance is a smart tactic for our MC, but I personally despise the whole insurance bs we deal with irl. It's a complicated topic, but most insurance policies are ripoffs.... and the whole commission based sales gig (from personal experience) is a complete sham. Especially in contemporary times where it simply isn't a viable career in any way. To the kids hunting for jobs - any job you look into that seems like a pyramid scheme or requires a quota of sales made or something along those lines is almost guaranteed to be a scam that'll have you running yourself into the ground for nothing. You're literally better off trying to make a career being a fry-cook at a fast food joint, though I highly recommend against placing your hopes there, either. Get some trade certifications or operating licenses, get in with a union depending on where you are and what industry you're looking for, because the "entry level" jobs and any retail job isn't going to be able to support you.

Interesting concept, but manga is rushed, art is mediocre at best and mc is a retard trying to play it smart.

Dex-chan lover
It’s an interesting concept, but I just cannot get into Chinese comics. They feel basic, like they’re massed produced and bland. Like their creativity that’s produced some of the greatest works of art in the past was beaten out and discarded...

I know I’ve only read a few of them, and from what I can tell bad examples to start with, but there are a lot of common themes. The art looks angular and bland. The stories have interesting premises that they rarely live up to, the characters are kind of a holes that either never really fail, or fail in the weirdest way possible and it gets resolved in a chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, Japan and Korea’s comics have similar problems, but they for the most part get creative with it. Korean comics I would have put on the same level as Chinese comics, but they’ve been improving steadily. Most know you have to take some L’s to work to over come them and be interesting.

Group Leader
@MrCandy Translator must of read your comment, they just dropped a shit ton of chapters.

TOOR Scans if your reading this, thank you and cant wait for more :)

So, are we supposed to hate the protagonist, or...?

I mean, he may not be the real Slime, but he is certainly a real slime, you know? I actually really want this moron with a cannon fodder's personality to die. I'd rather have a bland MC over this trash, he's so hard to watch.

Dex-chan lover
I read that title as "Rules for Piddling in Another Country"

-_-

@Retro68 honestly I think that might be a more entertaining story to read. The premise here was alright in concept, but the execution has been lame.
@Gaijin I don't usually mind low-quality translations, but "not knowing chinese" doesn't really excuse throwing tons of jarring slang in and changing what was actually said in the speech bubbles. Make a joke outside the panels in a TL note or something. If you absolutely must replace the text with jokes, then make a "joke" translation and go all out with it (like that one doujin that got TL'd in full scottish accents). I'm already close to dropping this series because it's become more boring than the slow-life isekais have, making it painful to read isn't helping.

Users who are viewing this thread