Run Away With Me, Girl - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
that hot spring star-gazing scene, so warm and beautiful, really captures women solidarity well, even without the romantic context
make it rain, baby, make it rain; 20 mil yen is about 19k usd
aaaaaaaaaanndd then the asshole makes his move
i'm a ball of nerves rn, this series...

Dex-chan lover
So they have a cheating fetish or something?

I'm feeling that Maki gonna have a bad day when that dude reaches them.

I have a dream that that dude and the coworker marry each other and he beats the shit out of her everyday while our 2 muffins get out of there forever

Double-page supporter
People acting as though it's such a terrible thing to tell someone their pregnant fiance is cheating on them...

@Babydel You're taking it out of context lol the only reason she told him that is cuz she's jealous. Besides as readers, we know that he's abused her so we know that him knowing about those two running away would be bad so we're biased.

@certainlycitrus

Abuse is a strong word. He hit her once, for the first time, and tried to apologize for it. The entire chapter delved in his feelings of loneliness and insecurity. Yes, he made a mistake but he doesn't deserve getting robbed of his money, get cheated on and left behind while she's pregnant with his baby.
I love Yuri as much as the next person but the couple are selfish people and I dont like them.

Contributor
@chocolatepancake oh please go away. He's been emotionally and verbally abusive long before he was physically abusive. Why is playing apologist for an abuser the hill you've chosen to die on?

@igenetycs
You are absolutely right. He's an abusive prick and there's been no indication he's been anything but a prick in any relationship he's had previously to Midori, either. You don't have to put someone in the hospital to be abusive. As for "his money" I don't think that's the case, either. Maybe you forget, but Midori's been working and saving on her own while Captain Douchebitch didn't give a crap. Midori, for probably the first time since she's been with him, is simply trying to take back what is hers. Midori has become a much more sympathetic character as the story has progressed. Douchebitch has remained the same and deserves all the rotten things the world can bestow.

@igenetycs

Couples get in disagreements sometimes, but the most important lesson is to be honest with one another. The girl they visited was brave enough to be honest with her boyfriend about her sexuality. A lesson the two selfish "Adults" have clearly never learned and it's the reason why they find themselves in this mess.
It will all come tumbling down soon, and everyone is going to get hurt. The baby might even die for their selfish actions. I hate them both.

Dex-chan lover
@Babydel you’re missing the point, we as omniscient readers know that girl who exposed the affair only did it because she’s a horrible person rotten with jealousy. We also know the dude is an abusive piece of shit hence the reaction in the comments.

Also you guys are wilding assuming he’s gonna beat them up, he’s always been more in the psychological abusive side. On the other hand Maki and Midori have finally reached that point of assurance with their relationship, which means they finally come out clean to him too.

"we were saving for the wedding"
"no wedding"
"cash:mine"

...yeah, pretty realistic portrait of emotionally tainted cognition. "Gonna live my truth on someone else's dime."

Not being facetious, it's really accurate depiction of how some women think (shout out to lbl subreddit, thank you for existing).

But to all of you deluded people below: it is theft. Your googles must be extremely thick: it's been stated in every way other than verbatim that these are not entirely her funds. What reading levels you're at?

Besides, two wrongs don't make right. That's why we, as a society, have been pretty much done with Hammurabi and its derivatives for the past 400 years.

Contributor
@chocolatepancake that guy is written to be a prototypical psychopathic domestic abuser. I don't see him self reflecting anywhere. The fact that you're sympathetic to him says a lot about you. And please, don't give sermons on how LGBTQ people should behave. You might feel it's easy but you have no idea what sort of societal pressure they suffer in conservative societies like japan.

Users who are viewing this thread