Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Double-page supporter
@XNovalX I wouldn't say she is shallow, the masculinity, the horse, Dias' "Blueness" those are all things people in her village aspire to have.
getting all the things she dreamed about as a little girl would be like winning the lottery of life, who wouldn't be super excited.

Double-page supporter
The subtle world building in every chapters making me think that the war arc would be awesome

Double-page supporter
@traveling_chef That's true, and I guess you can call the viewpoint of the village is shallow in our civilization's day and age. I just hope it becomes more real and less superficial, you know?

@XNovalX That’s just a difference of cultural traditions and beauty standards. Heck, current day standards are also incredibly vain and the fight for inequality just settles down favoring one side.

Double-page supporter
@XNovalX see that's the thing though, it's not shallow and vain to them. the things she wants are exactly what is needed in their lives to prosper.

it's explained in chapter 2 page 18 exactly what entails "masculinity"
"a man who works hard. A man who is dependable and resourceful. all those and similar traits combined into one, we call that masculinity."

having a "masculine" husband allows the family to secure food and other provisions along with being able to care for the family and procreate
"can you fill your belly with a handsome face? can your sweet-talks make your Me-Ah herd multiply? if you should marry a man lacking this masculinity, it's not just you who starve, but also your children."

and the horses are something else that allow the plains people a much better survival rate, from being able to hunt food, to going to war on horseback.

nothing the girl pines for I would ever define as shallow, it would be different if she cared about his looks or the fact that he isn't from her tribe, THAT would be shallow.

Dex-chan lover
The thought of some other girl that may be suited better for MC in a tribe keep coming back to me. I mean, he was just forced to accept first one he met.
Well, this one is adorable and all, but how many tribals do we know to this point?

Dex-chan lover
for some reason, I feel like the mouse that was left behind is going to become like some advisor

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy
Probably why the Oni race was chosen. They always enjoy a good fight, so someone who is strong, excellent in battle, and has a commanding presence would definitely arouse them. He might have gotten out of it by just killing those ‘buffalo,’ but his fate was sealed after he saved her life and took down a dragon; making all the village women wet. Hopefully she can moderate her strength, because he might not be able to survive their eventual consummation (lest we all forget she wants 10 kids).

Users who are viewing this thread