Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama

also, this manga has too many fortunate stuff. im no one for vocabulary and definitely not an expert at explaining, but things go too cliche and its too... good? im too retarded to explain, the villains are so fucking boring and stupid, characters are very... one dimensional! thats the word. characters are so one dimensional and events are really predictable. the info dumps are insane, it like turns from a manga you turn off your brain to after a long and hard day to like a fucking novel, and when it gets super dense and the speech bubbles turn into paragraphs, panels turn into book pages, it just puts me off and i just skip the world building (basically tldr). and it goes back to the generic mindless wholesome cute slow life. its one of those manga that makes you think and say "its NICE, but yknow..."

fist looking the cover i thought it just a girl wearing kirin set

Dex-chan lover
How the hell did I miss this good, wholesome manga? I know it's not an isekai, but this is basically an anti-isekai manga. All the bad parts of isekai are corrected here, and he can still get away with being OP.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like MC is retarded, also I doubt his military reflexes after he almost got owned by the girl.

It's like most isekai turned slice of life with Dumb OP MC, but except it's not isekai.
But i can be happy that it at least not harem bullshit like most Slice of life, so far anyway.

doesn't 0 mean that no one is alive so it can't be increased
ok the title is just a bit confusing population is kind of the right word but the 0 is wrong if u write population

I think the author kind of just forgot that people don't get over an age of 60 if lucky 70 but very rare so how the fuck is that granny 90

@xeno77 Actually that isn't entirely true. It was rare especially among peasents but it did happen. You factor in that that this is a world of magical medicine and it makes sense that there would occasionally be someone that old.

Contributor
...at 3 chapters in reading, and this is just the weirdest mix of things that I absolutely love and things I absolutely hate. XD

@olstar18
in our time that time was around 1200 so most people died after 40 and that granny is more then double that but she has a different race so who knows
I thought she was human at first
so no one gets confused the 60 I wrote was max age today thats around 120-130 so should be ok

Contributor
@xeno77:

This isn't a critique of your original comment, but I thought their ages were actually potentially realistic even without magic healing and different races, if they were singled out and taken and sent out from a large enough group of families.

The interesting bit is there is at least decent evidence for the theory that humans kind of have a max age around 120 based simply on telomere shortening (which I don't know how to summarize if one isn't familiar with it, but...). To the extent that there's a hard cap instead of a soft cap, which we just get infinitesimally closer to as medicine gets exponentially better, it makes sense that occasional lucky people made it into their 90's even in prehistoric times. I can't find anything supporting that claim for the prehistoric period right now (I dunno where I've seen it before? I'm pretty sure I have), but we do know that even in say, in centuries 1200-1500, excepting the period of the bubonic plague, the European aristocratic life expectancy (where you don't have to worry much about hunger and whatnot compared the average sort, even though the modern medicine to which we attribute a lot of our modern life expectancy was notably absent) was more in one's mid-to-late 60's, only a little shabby by today's standards.

...the flip-side to what I've just said is it would seem pretty unlikely to have this many old women of such age in poor hungry villages after 20 years of nonstop war. Without the magic and whatnot, anyway.

They only reason why I am not rating this higher than a 9 is because sometimes tell and not show, but this series is amazing and a good read so far. I only wish the first two chapters were on Manga Dex in English

Users who are viewing this thread