Ryuu Kusari no Ori - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.5

@Fajken

Kinda,
one of them goes to jail because of being a criminal, the male one, and he just stop communicating with the girl, though it's she become one of his "harem"

Did that guy just ask the other to die ? I don't care if is a world with magic, this straight a death threat and the teacher should do something

I also gonna just say something, the story in the WN, it's really not interesting, gonna be honest, i didn't even think that none of the characters are realistic or act like humans being

@Fluffy_Jellyfish

Yes,
The girl with black hair that appears in the cover (Iris) and a elf girl who appears later, the childhood friend could be also one potential member, in the Web Novel she was starting to move on of her with the protagonist after she broke with him 2 before but then the truth is revealed, she almost get raped and killed, ultimately she part away from the protagonist but it's heavily implied that she feel for him again

@Centurionzo Yeah, the whole 'go die' seems to be recurring, as is calling people 'trash' (especially in Chinese works?). Not sure if it's a translation thing or just a popular insult in the native language. Either way it does get repetitive.

Kinda disappointed in this chapter. Doesn't feel like it's going to do something that different after all, really feels like it's setting up another mc-jerk. I hope I'm wrong because the first one seemed pretty interesting.

Dex-chan lover
aah yes glorious nippon steel cutting through the uncivilized european armors.

Aggregator gang
so thats what happen to him. not some generic "i found something and suddenly getting strong"

I hate katana wank, literally any katana would get shit on by an Ulfberht sword, just a few hits and it's over for the weapon.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, Katana's aren't total garbage. But they were made with what in Europe we would call "pig steel" (melted down iron sand, because iron ore veins don't exist in Japan). The folding was needed because the iron was so shit, and guess what, folding steel was incredibly common elsewhere in the world, they just didn't need to do it as much because they didn't use garbage steel.

Also, the steel and iron they used was very hard, so it was great at holding super sharp edges. Which was great when you were fighting unarmored peasants or people wearing either just cloth or paper armor, since metal armor was super rare because iron was so hard to come by. But just like if you've ever had western and japanese cooking knives, the western ones may not hold as sharp of an edge for as long, but their "softness" means they aren't as brittle and prone to chips and breaks. Which is why you could never make wider or heavier western sword with Japanese steel because it would break even just against a practice dummy.

They were just fine as swords considering who they were usually used on, but in battle outside of duels they were backup weapons, and mostly spears and bows were used anyway. Katana wank is detestable, but lets not overcorrect too much and make them out to be complete garbage. Though if they were used in Europe in the era of armored knights or even just prior but against far more durable swords and shields they would have had a VERY bad time.

Dex-chan lover
They did a really good job of making awful katana wank look good. It's really a poor weapon for duels, armor, and magically enhanced strength. You need the huge-ass cleaver versions to even be viable in a fantasy world of gigantic monsters.

i thought he has some brain. To actually parry that huge sword with katana is so stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread