S Rank Boukensha de aru Ore no Musume-tachi wa Juudo no Father Con deshita - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - Forfex: The One Who Carves the World

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely cannot tell if this is worse or better than just him arriving since the start of the chapter.
Kinda worse i'd say, manga are generally really shit at having side characters become stronger they usually have them power up just to get hit by "ye olde worf effect" to show how the Mc is "so kewl and strong omygosh !", in this case in particular it's worse because she got the power up and lost it like 10 seconds later instead of maybe 1-2 chapters later.

Dex-chan lover
So, the Limit Break thing was cool, and is some backstory reveal, but ultimately pointless for this Hydra. Any other monster without hella regen would have made this much more impactful, even if it wasn't a fatal blow. (also, why the hell are we cutting hydra heads again? Big ass body holding them heads and we got this).

Dad showing up was inevitable, and again, it is so stupid that there was a plan of "don't disturb Dad's trip" going against a monster that was a blatant threat for the town, if not the entire kingdom. Again, if we get to a point where he doesn't get S-Rank right now because he missed this "oh-so-important" deadline to kill this S-ranked monster, he should and likely would never do it anyway, the organization isn't worth it in the first place, and it's their loss. What good person would sacrifice, or otherwise be OK losing their family and home for a letter grade? I get his daughters not wanting to tie him down, but he also doesn't WANT YA'LL TO DIE, especially for something that he could have prevented if he was just properly informed.

I realize that it is HIGHLY likely that my rant will comprise of the next three or so chapters, along with some scolding/grounding, but with how needlessly extended this chapter was, and the wait we had to go through to get it? Holy crap the wrap-up of this incident is going to take an ice age.

Dex-chan lover
So
1. She fights because she wanted to be praised by daddy (not surprising really given the story)
2. The light became a beacon that told daddy something was happening
3. Daddy was able to run back in a little over 30 seconds ?!

Well even if it takes more time, what’s stopping him to run back and catch the coach (or even go to the city by himself even with rests along the way) since the distance is now trivialized…

Dex-chan lover
As expected, daddy saves the day.
Anyway, killing that S-rank monster should have been enough for MC to get promoted.

Please don't add morons saying that MC didn't actually defeat the hydra alone, and that his daughters weakened it first.
:shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
So
1. She fights because she wanted to be praised by daddy (not surprising really given the story)
2. The light became a beacon that told daddy something was happening
3. Daddy was able to run back in a little over 30 seconds ?!

Well even if it takes more time, what’s stopping him to run back and catch the coach (or even go to the city by himself even with rests along the way) since the distance is now trivialized…
I think he started running back way before the light thing.
I'm willing to bet he ran right after the discussion with the other girl in the coach. And I'm also willing to bet he can run all the way to the city to get that S-rank lol. Let's add all possible deus-ex/plot armor we can add.

Users who are viewing this thread