S-Rank Party Kara Kaikosareta [Jugushi] ~"Noroi no Item" Shika Tsukuremasen ga, Sono Seinou wa Artifact-kyuu nari......!~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 19.2

Dex-chan lover
I mean, Nobel invented TNT to provide a safer mine excavation; which is now also used to make bombs.
Inventions always have unforeseen, sometime unwanted, consequences.
Scientists and inventors always have to make their choices to decide if the risks are too much or not.
Current examples is artificial general intelligence, pandora's box has been opened on that subject, was it a good idea? Probably not.
Alfred Nobel knew very well his inventions would be used for war as well. His father made his fortune by manufacturing weapons to the Imperial Russian army. Alfred himself began his own business with explosives by trying to convince the Swedish military. However, since he hadn't stabilised nitroglycerin back then, the army folks considered it unacceptable and too dangerous. Later, once he had invented the dynamite, he conquered the civilian market because it was a business that practically speaking couldn't be satisfied. He eventually did buy Bofors, a gun (artillery) manufacturer, and modernised it to use the latest weapon and ammunition technologies.

I suppose you could say Nobel believed in "si vis pacem, para bellum". Obviously he loved peace and a stable market more than war (it had many him wealthy beyond measure), but to avoid wars, you needed to be prepared for war with terrifying weapons.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, my practicality worry isn't about what type of stone this makes, its strength, etc.

It's that this stone is presumably going to be used in permanent structures, and it's not just stone, it's cursed stone. And while that's usually fine, Gaile hands out curse-dispelling freebies like candy for random stuff, which could now potentially destroy someone's house, if it's made from curse stone.

Seems like the kind of thing you'd have to keep a lid on, but I can't expect Gaile would stop handing the dispel charms out.
Likewise if they use it for something like a city wall. Sure it'll keep monsters out, but an enemy army with a few talismans and it'll be quite the short siege...

Aggregator gang
I am not sure about the example of using it to create bricks out of sand.
Firstly, I doubt the sand bricks would turn to stone, it works in strage way, humans (living being) and their cloths were turned to stone, but other things (ground etc) didn't seem to be affected, so will sand be?

Secondly, it is still only a curse, would you want to live in a house build by bricks which hold as long as they are cursed? Anyone could easily destory it with his display charm.

Dex-chan lover
Dammit they forgot to give him a crucial part of his education

Even if now they are teaching him how to make practical cursed tools, they are still selling curses, where the hell are the safety measures? what if someone actually gets hit with the damn petrification beam!?

Dex-chan lover
Ok how the feck do they intent to turn desert sand into 'stone'?
What's the strength of the faux-stone material?
Sound like an engineering disaster waiting to happen imho.
Not quite sure.. But it's an agricultural town...
That means more manure and straw and other bits than is needed as fertiliser..

Mix cow/horse dung and straw, zap it with the petrifying ray, and do a couple of tests..
With the gravel from the mine as a filler you could even make "concrete" bricks.
Our dwarf MILF is a pure tinkerer, she opbviously has a Plan...

Dex-chan lover
Likewise if they use it for something like a city wall. Sure it'll keep monsters out, but an enemy army with a few talismans and it'll be quite the short siege...
Imagine if undead/demon atk the town & they forgot and just cast aoe purification/dispel over the whole area.

Or a church. Wall collapse after the first sermon. :kek:

Dex-chan lover
….how stupid would you have to be to use cursed stone as your walls. Anyone with dispel come along and you’re f’d. And his beach is basically getting him to produce lethal weapons for her. It’s an isekai so the chance it’s trash from the get-go is high. Although, cmon, why do you have to make it this trashy?

Last edited:
Contributor
Some more ship baiting with Maura, but alas Gaile is just as oblivious as he was from day 1. This "romance" is going nowhere if the male lead never develops from this, it's clear he's just not interested in her right now. On a side note, Sharina really needs to teach this guy about the basics of occupational safety first before supply & demand.

That petrification tool is likely also getting used as a weapon and not just as a construction tool. Sure, it's unwieldy to use as a personal carry weapon and will lose to simpler crossbows or other lighter projectile weapons in 1v1, but given enough range if it's treated like cannon artillery it should be pretty dangerous against groups of enemy soldiers.

Ok so basically MC is mega autistic. Talented at something specific and terrible everywhere else

Dex-chan lover
This would be great as a war tool, just shine it in one direction and bam all the enemies are turned to stone, then they could just shatter the stone statues.

Users who are viewing this thread