S Watari-san to M Mura-kun

Dex-chan lover
For an S&M this isn't really that great. S-chan is just too over the top. Her S is too strong. It's the difference between striking behind the knees with a switch 5 times, and striking the head with a baseball bat 5 times. And then M-kun is just too over the top. He only has one chapter (chapter 4) where he's really shown enduring. Overall it's just way too flat.

I agree, she's way too flat for the S role, needs to have bigger tits to play that role.

Double-page supporter
I agree that this work is a miscue. The best S&M are all about love (see: The Real Her). This one tries to convey it, but it's so comically exaggerated that I just don't feel the passion.

The problem is that she puts him in genuinely deadly and harmful situations that he only gets away with because of his absurd abilities and, worse, because the author can't finish the chapter if things happen as they should so they outright "write around it." The result is an incongruity where the exaggerated happenings are -- to use @AMetroid 's word -- somehow flat in effect.

I appreciate the scanlator's revival effort, though!

I feel like this manga falls flat.
MM! is funnier.
Sundome and ibitsu are more emotional, mental games and sex appeal.
And this author seems to think having the S attempt to murder the M is funny.
Everyone knows no one's gonna die because it's comedy.

Group Leader
I'll just echo what people said before. I don't think this is as bad as Domina no Do, much less Mina-sama no Omocha, but, well... as far as I'm concerned, BDSM is meaningless unless the participants are passionately in love, which those two people aren't. I'd rather read Nagatoro or Wan to Naku.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it's meant to be serious in any way, but it's still a caricature of an actual S&M relationship. This is no Nana to Kaoru, that's for sure. In fact, go read that instead.

Extreme pass from me, just from the first chapter. Female lead just likes to hurt people. Male lead just wants to be hurt. Ya, not gonna read that.

Well, it intended to romcom after all. That's why s&m look just a parody here. Definitely not your things if you want more psychologically dramatic or pure romance.

WkkZjKo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread