Sachiiro no One Room

What part of this is targeted towards young adult men?

My guess is, at young men that are interested in stories that can be tagged as "psychological" and "slice of life".

The artstyle emphasizes gaunt bodies and simple faces with big eyes common in shoujo manga.

This is stupid ass point. Also, given the topic, level of characters portrayals, and lack of tropes associated with shoujo, if you wanted to make semblance of an impression of an argument, you should've went with josei. Still, using the art style as a point was dumb.

The romance is completely alien from a male perspective.

Not everything needs to be voiced. Also, no romance here, just pretend-play. Which ironically was stated explicitly by both characters in-story.

He doesn't even react to seeing her naked.

Another stupid ass point. If you want Tenchi Muyo reactions, go read Tenchi Muyo.

(actually i didn't read it either, but i'd imagine they are on par with those in Love Hina)

The depiction of bullying is also very feminine. Emphasis on scars and isolation less so than humiliation and a desire for revenge.

That's how women bully each other - social ostracism plays a big part in that. They're also less temperamentally inclined to thirsting for getting back at their abusers ; most of them anyway. I don't get lack of "humiliation" though. (I would imagine pride was the only thing keeping the girl from killing herself or reaching out for help to authorities (after first fiasco) - if she did, she would've been marked as a "victim that succumbed to her circumstances", and insistence on not doing any of those things allowed her to keep last scraps of personal dignity in her mind.)* Still, just a guess on my part. She "just" might've felt extremely depersonalized.

*or not, according to the latest chapters

...Also, this seems to be heading in direction that i don't particularly appreciate. Social commentaries and grunt detective work are not what i came here for.

Dex-chan lover
Sold/released in seinen magazine or something similar = seinen demographic. How the hell is this even an issue.

Power Uploader
So many updates... thanks Jailbreak scans!

(It's a seinen, accept it)

edit: wasnt needed ?

Dex-chan lover
So the girl turned out to be more crazy than kidnapper well fuckme.

Dex-chan lover
Why some chapter is long but some like just 1 chapter but cut into 4 peace. it so short

Double-page supporter
The story seems to be getting much more complicated than what I first thought... I'll just keep reading to understand where it is actually going.

Power Uploader
@senpaiesdeath hmmm...

1409514499009.png

Double-page supporter
24 to 26.5

http://manga.aoc.moe/read/sachi/en/4/24/page/1

Somebody wants to upload them?

Volume end on cliffhanger , dammit

Of course it stops the moment they get to his house why NOT leave it on a massive cliff hanger

Are we having yet another scanlation fight here? As if anon vs fanged on nagatoro wasn't enough >_>

I usually hate these kinds of manga where they try to have me sympathize with a kidnapper, but it handles it in a more mature way than anything else I read. The character in this manga isn't just crazy they have rational thought that people can understand and doubts about what they are doing, therefore, they actually grow as characters.

Users who are viewing this thread