Sachiiro no One Room

Me

Dex-chan lover
@GoodWorld Is our masked misanthrope really even a kidnapper? I mean, yes, he calls himself that, but let us look at the actual facts.

He asked her to come with him. No force or threats were used to attain her cooperation.
He leaves her unattended with the door unlocked. No effort is made at imprisonment. If she ever wants to leave, she just has to walk out the door. while he's asleep or at work
This is enhanced by the fact that her parents(such as they are) have kept the area agitated, so people are looking for her. If she leaves, it will be trivial to ensure she never meets him again.

Basically, she went with him because she wanted to, and she stays with him because she still wants to. Is that what you call kidnapping?

From a technical, legal standpoint, I'd say he is guilty of harboring a runaway, not kidnapping. Where I'm from, that is a crime, but it is a different and less serious one. (I acknowledge japanese law may consider the two equivalent.) He's unarguably a stalker. But again, that's a different crime.
From a moral standpoint... he's a hero risking his life to protect her from a society that is conspiring with a pair of horrifying monsters, of the kind you occasionally see in the news after it is too late. Granted, he didn't set out to be a hero, but results matter.

If he were actually presented as a kidnapper, I would've dropped this like a hot potato. A disgustingly moldy hot potato.

Dex-chan lover
A very trope-laden and unoriginal story where as usual a dark-haired girl is depicted as a helpless victim to everyone out to hurt her. This mangaka also wrote a story about a girl who died coming back as a ghost to haunt her killer. Guess what, that girl didn't have dark hair. This story would have been at least original if Sachi hadn't been a dark-haired girl.

@Pachka84

Get mental health advice from a professional. You're bizarre obsession with hair is cringy as fuck, and given that it is the only thing you ever talk about or pay attention to, i can't imagine you being right in the head:

@ other person:

From a moral standpoint... he's a hero risking his life to protect her from a society that is conspiring with a pair of horrifying monsters, of the kind you occasionally see in the news after it is too late. Granted, he didn't set out to be a hero, but results matter.

Nice theory, except it doesn't hold water when you confront it with his internal monologue from last few chapters. Results may matter, but intent is also important. From what was presented, he may end up killing her in the future (not in a "legally" incriminating way probably - if it did happen, it would be most likely something similar to what Michelle Carter did).

Double-page supporter
Just read this manga...still digesting. Certainly prefer Jailbreak's translations 'cause "Mister" just doesn't flow in English very well whereas Oniisan works better due to the Japanese aspects.

> This story would have been at least original if Sachi hadn't been a dark-haired girl.

Without dyeing her hair, what color should it be? Black hair is the normal Japanese hair color.

Power Uploader
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/10/03-1/crunchyroll-manga-launches-one-room-of-happiness-plus-3-more-square-enix-simulpub-titles

man this manga is good i love it but i really hope this have a happy ending but for some reason it dosent feel like it gonna have 1 :(

Aggregator gang
Its good to have an understanding detective trailing them...
It kinda give me a hope on happy ending. ?

revive this shit please i need more im addicted im so hopeless hakuri sensei please

Dex-chan lover
@Kitsunebi Any updates on the recent chapters? It's been forever. I checked the raws and they haven't even updated since the latest chapter is 21 while you got 23 already.

Contributor
This lacks of news are discouraging, is a good story, it remind me of Happy Sugar Life, not much about characters per se but about the drama and sadness. Hope it get updated.

Double-page supporter
Bloody Crunchyroll only has up to chapter 25. But then those worthless bastards don't seem to care a bit about manga any more. They license stuff, then go, "Yeah, we'll upload something when we feel like it. But don't you dare scanlate it!"

to me a happy end for this story would be her not having stay/live with 'stalker guy' anymore nor her having to live with her abusive parents, and being to able stay somewhere truly safe and be able to make a living for herself when she gets older(which includes finishing required schooling/education)

Aggregator gang
My take on how this could lead to a happy ending

The private detectives take her. Release her from her parents, raise her until she can properly blend in society and after she grew up and able to live for herself, she can go back to stalker nii-san. BUT knowing this has the tragedy tag. Someone gotta die, and I think stalker nii-san will die for sure

Group Leader
Don't know if manga will get a happy ending or not, but I'm personally hoping for an ending that's similar to Imperfect Girl.

But, I can tell you how it won't end, since Hakuri mentioned the TV drama took a life of its own:

Half of the drama is more or less the same as the first 4 volumes, except the detectives don't get as much screen time and Katagiri isn't jailed. After the rapist teacher arc, Sachi and Mister leave immediately as the police have arrived at their place, as opposed to them having time to pack in the manga. They also arrive at a seaside apartment, where Sachi makes a friend, Maki. They talk a lot, hang out, etc. Sachi asks Mister if Maki could stay the night and he reluctantly agrees. Sachi wakes up in the morning and asks where Maki is. She later sees on TV about a homicide where a couple has been stabbed and their young daughter is missing. Sachi runs to the scene of the crime but is pulled back by Mister before anyone notices her. Then she runs off from Mister and somehow manages to find Maki and ask her if she was the girl on TV. She denies it, and tells Sachi it's time for her to stop the games, and that she will help her end it all by reporting Sachi and mister to the police. Sachi accidentally pushes Maki off the edge of a ledge while trying to stop her and Maki dies. Mister finds her just as she's freaking out and it is revealed that Maki was never real. Yada yada yada, unimportant shit happens.

Sachi runs off again a few days later after Mister also tells her that they should end the game. Katagiri shows up even more deranged and chases Sachi... Yada yada yada Mister shows up just in time, and Katagiri uses Mister's hand to stab himself and dies. The detectives witness this across a river and rush to the scene, but Mister and Sachi are already gone. Some monologue happens when they're hiding day and night from the police, and Mister promises he'll marry Sachi, and that he'll take her somewhere fun after the ceremony.

He takes her........ back to her house. And they are welcomed in by the father. Mister asks why they abused Sachi, parents pretend they don't know what they're talking about... Mom snaps and tries to justify her actions (thereby admitting to them). All this is recorded on Mister's phone. Father says they're free to leave, they won't call the police. Mom can't accept this as this means the father will divorce her, leaving her with no source of income. SOOOO she snaps and tries to stab Sachi, but Mister jumps in and takes the knife. Sachi screams just as the detectives arrive at her door, and an ambulance is called for Mister.

Sometime later, a slightly more grown-up Sachi is monologing about happiness and says she still thinks being able to marry Mister was one of the greatest joys of her life. Queue her walking down the aisle with Mister (mask-less!) waiting for her at the altar. THEN we are taken back to their original room (with pictures of Sachi and Mister on the wall once again) where the detective is seen sighing, and Sachi on the ground with her eyes closed and smiling. THE END.

Double-page supporter
Tfw you realize this could be based on a real story, definitely possible. Shows how shitty society is sometimes in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread