Saenai Boku ga Kimi no Heya de Shiteiru Koto wo Kurasumeito wa Dare mo Shiranai - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
you are aware that this isn't real right
Media reflects reality.

But yes, this isn't real. I have seen this happen in reality, though. Women are cruel in much more permanent ways than men who often just trash talk and maybe fight each other physically.

Dex-chan lover
Spreading baseless rumors is the only way these fools know how to cope I swear. It's so pathetic.

Thank you for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
I know a way to make it stop mc: tell the class outright that you saw the chat and that it's all lies. Then address specific things such as "regarding that claim that she takes cash, anyone who can actually verify it? Nope? Well because that's not true." or "hey kirishima, one message claimed you had stated to them that you refused to pay her. Did she ever ask you to pay? Why would you have told someone such a lie that they now spread onwards?" (likely he never did make such a lie, but if he is innocent he will clear it all up, and if not then you know your culprit and can point at them as a jealous bastard).
And ask the ones who made the claims in the chat that they saw stuff to identify themselves as the posters. Because at the moment it just seems like slander by people who most likely has a grudge against them or friends to such a person.

Maybe also ask people to identify who said what by having them post some secret number they are given in person (assuming this was the type of anonymous chat joined using their line-id's, and not one where ppl can making multiple accounts to slander them), to find the poster's through deduction by exclusion.
Japanese bullying, I see it depicted all the time, but I never saw anything comparably vicious over here.
Mostly because that kind of thing is too easy to stop. Make a stink about it and the origin will either be exposed, or teachers and parents will step in and stop it. Teachers might fail at first, but when they bring parents in the phones starts being looked at and bullies identified. Hell, cops can be involved at a certain point, and then all this is just proof waiting to be used.

I imagine we will see this kind of thing for real soon though, as kids become more savvy in how to properly keep things anonymous due to it becoming both easier to do (You need to create throwaway accounts to set everything up and give everyone access to join through their own throwaways. You also need to keep everything done either through the cloud with throwaway accounts to connect - so no evidence is left on your physical devices - or you need to encrypt stuff, but that is sus) and easier to find out how to do.

Dex-chan lover
If a pretty high school girl talks to a not Chad high school boy, it's clearly because the girl is a slut and the dude has money. Gotta love high school.

Guess it's funny how there was such a large anti slut shaming campaign taught in high school and college for boy, but it's often the girls who get really visceral about it (it's definitely not a coincidence that two of the invited members to the group were girls... Likely started by yet another girl).
When cute girls talked to me, it was usually on what a word means and how to spell it. Before cell phone and the Internet. I am older than the internet. Such a weird feeling.

Is it me or is this going to go down the route of his fuck buddy being "coerced" into,sleeping with the person spreading the rumours and the mc will see pics or videos of her and the spreader fucking, ultimately getting ntr'd? I hope not

Dex-chan lover
good old High School bullshit drama that winds up being completely pointless and stupid because somebody dares to do something different than what's expected of them so suddenly the ENTIRE class has to weigh in on it behind their backs and start spreading rumors about the people involved to make themselves feel better...

I don't miss those days at all.

Double-page supporter
It's honestly a result of MC's indecision and his "I won't do anything at all because I want to protect her". She could have predicted that too, as provided her position she surely knows how these things work. But the author dumbed her down a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread