Saiaku no Avalon

Double-page supporter
I saw the raw and got a glimpse of it and I can say, It had the potential but if you make the mc growth the same, the story will continue to be boring, its best if the author decided to make mc have a growth to make feel that he should start having a goal that make him more mental stronger, because typical mind weak mc is not nice if the mc doesn't choose to grow.

Dex-chan lover
Why does the art not show him being fat? All of them just have the dude be jacked asf.

Also when is the mc gonna get jacked? Chapter 30 and he is still fat.

Dex-chan lover
This is the most disjointed manga I have ever read.
I don't know if it due to the translation or what, but one bubble they're talking about one thing, and another they're talking bout something completely else. It's the worst, just horrible to read.
The story, 30+ch in still feels like it just exited prologue, there's not enough world building to explain this stupid ass system of castes and what not, it's beyond illogical and stupid. Now nobles out of nowhere? Like holy shit it just feels like a hotposh of whatever the author could think of. I imagine the castes are there just to facilitate the boner of bullying, which japanese authors just CAN'T write without. Who hurt u japanese authors, did every single one get bullied and now they're all writing about it?
Tldr, if not for the convolution and story setting,pacing and the bullying insert, this could be a good work. The (I think) translation being this disjointed doesn't help.

It was interesting to see isekai trying to do a slower approach, and be more character focused

shame the character of the MC is to be an insufferable fat pathetic loser and he refuses to improve himself
this is just frustrating to read

Am I the only one that thinks the president's design is AWFUL? That random NPC hair and that lame noble kid handkerchief like tie he uses, he's supposed to be the coolest character in the series (Able to fight an otherworlder 1v1) but "cool" is far in the later half of what I thought when I saw him... Am I exaggerating?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is pretty bad. It's well executed, good drawings overall, but the plot isn't that great. Good drawings and execution can't carry a manga alone.

There are three types of character :

-girls looking pitiful before mc and asking for help (yes the sister is also in that category, looking pitiful sometimes and still needing his carry) ;
-hateful characters, aka ennemies (only males don't ask me why)
-and npcs, characters that have no personality like his parents or female ennemies (they get 3 pannels when they appear and that's it).

Then there is the game male playable character and his party that are pushover tier, pity relief just like girls around mc.

Taking into account that mc is trying to cower before people and all "to keep the main game storyline going", because he is afraid of the consequeces of altering said storyline (him playing coward doesn't feel good for obvious reasons), there is nothing great to keep reading honestly.
All these points listed above aren't bad, but the way they're introduced is. Pity relief, anger inducing ennemies, frustrating situations that could and should be avoided if you want to have a good time reading. Good bait, not recommended.

Last edited:
I've managed to read up to volume 4, but I have to warn you: the protagonist is still trapped in a cycle of self-denial, insisting that they must keep quiet to avoid ruining the plot. Despite their initial resolve to become strong and enjoy the world, they're still stuck in their pushover and cowardly ways. The heroine, who's supposed to be his fiancée, is stuck in a rut, with her character development stalled. The story is riddled with false promises and unresolved plot threads, leaving me feeling disappointed and bored. While the start was promising, and the heroines are attractive, the lack of progress and growth in the characters has made it hard for me to stay engaged..
rental gf(3.5)/10

Dex-chan lover
I saw the raw and got a glimpse of it and I can say, It had the potential but if you make the mc growth the same, the story will continue to be boring, its best if the author decided to make mc have a growth to make feel that he should start having a goal that make him more mental stronger, because typical mind weak mc is not nice if the mc doesn't choose to grow.
I agree with you. The story had good potential but the pacing is terrible. It's good to take it slow if it's for the sake of the story, the character development or the world building. But at the moment: it's just feels like it's just the story lagging (looking at the raws it looks like it will continue this way).

It's kind of painful to see how the MC still degrades himself while the weaker game MC is allowed to shine. As already mentioned, it doesn't make sense as their are also other isekaied characters (one of them already changed the story).
One to reason to read these "I was reincarnated/ isekaied as a mob character" mangas is to see the characters evolve and give them character growth. But the MC tries so hard to keep a low profile and to live a depressing life that it's just depressing.

One major flaw of this story is the relationship between the MC and his fiance which is stagnating. I know that many people hate her because of abandoning the MC at the beginning. I actually think that this was the intention of the original mob Butao. Looking at his relationship with his family and how he behaved at school it feels like he was self-sacrificing so that his love could live a happy life (maybe he thought he was no good because of his skill). In the talk with his family we learned that he entered the school to protect one person which is probably his fiance. The MC and Butao seem to share their feelings somehow, so he is not interested in other girls. Deep inside he only loves her. But still he's so focused on maintaining the original story that he's willing to get NTRed by the game MC thus ignoring the feeling of Butao.
The story between MC isn't progressing (in my opinion it was the driving force for original mob's actions) for an eternity. He has feelings for her bit doesn't act, she gets glimpses of his change but keeps sticking to the game MC, but we have the usual lack of communication (it really feels like rental girlfriend; one step forward, two steps backward). They just lead separate lives (which can best be seen when they walk to school). The few occasions when they talk don't progress their story but are just depressing at this space.

The MC's only goal is to maintain the original storyline and becoming strong enough to protect his family. Otherwise he is just like a spectator which has become quite annoying after so many chapters.

To sum it up, these kind of stories should originally cause a good feeling seeing an underdog succeed. The MC (sometimes, not all the time) self-sacrificing himself is also OK. But an MC not pursuing any happiness is frustrating.

Last edited:
Group Leader
It's amazing how you people can't understand why he's not just breaking the story and becoming OP or fail to understand how the world he's in works. Go read solo leveling.

Dex-chan lover
i don’t mind the mc being fat and weak willed and all that shit, but why are the volume covers not showing that? it feels like borderline clickbait
No one buys a Netoranger RED (the fat bastard ) as a cover. Seriously.

Better show his power up version bait.

Dex-chan lover
It's amazing how you people can't understand why he's not just breaking the story and becoming OP or fail to understand how the world he's in works. Go read solo leveling.
SOLO Leveling broke the interest of the audience and forced them to you know... get bored. See what happened to the anime.

Dex-chan lover
Why does the art not show him being fat? All of them just have the dude be jacked asf.

Also when is the mc gonna get jacked? Chapter 30 and he is still fat.
He gets eight pack abs only when fighting the Lords of Cinder and their DLCs.

Dex-chan lover
The problem is that - even though it's understandable to some extent that he acts like does - if the story continues like this it's just a boring read. He lived a pathetic life in his old world and after being isekaied he ... still lives a pathetic life.
Don't get me wrong, the series has a lot of potential and it's a good thing that he doesn't replace the game MC immediately (even though he's already stronger than he and his entire party) but (in my opinion) the development is just too slow (especially his relationship with his fiance).
If he uses his OP skills and knowledge just to nullify the other players tries to change the story so that his character can live a lonely life in misery just because he's an NPC it becomes boring and depressing at some point.

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty bad. It's well executed, good drawings overall, but the plot isn't that great. Good drawings and execution can't carry a manga alone.

There are three types of character :

-girls looking pitiful before mc and asking for help (yes the sister is also in that category, looking pitiful sometimes and still needing his carry) ;
-hateful characters, aka ennemies (only males don't ask me why)
-and npcs, characters that have no personality like his parents or female ennemies (they get 3 pannels when they appear and that's it).

Then there is the game male playable character and his party that are pushover tier, pity relief just like girls around mc.

Taking into account that mc is trying to cower before people and all "to keep the main game storyline going", because he is afraid of the consequeces of altering said storyline (him playing coward doesn't feel good for obvious reasons), there is nothing great to keep reading honestly.
All these points listed above aren't bad, but the way they're introduced is. Pity relief, anger inducing ennemies, frustrating situations that could and should be avoided if you want to have a good time reading. Good bait, not recommended.
Someone saying they are stretching it like rental GF is actually correct.

They even used this formula in Fairy Tail to last 400 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread