Saiaku no Avalon

The problem is that - even though it's understandable to some extent that he acts like does - if the story continues like this it's just a boring read. He lived a pathetic life in his old world and after being isekaied he ... still lives a pathetic life.
Don't get me wrong, the series has a lot of potential and it's a good thing that he doesn't replace the game MC immediately (even though he's already stronger than he and his entire party) but (in my opinion) the development is just too slow (especially his relationship with his fiance).
If he uses his OP skills and knowledge just to nullify the other players tries to change the story so that his character can live a lonely life in misery just because he's an NPC it becomes boring and depressing at some point.
Being up to date with the Web Novel (https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16816700427680301576) and without spoiling anything, I can only say that don't worry, since from the last chapter where Risa Nitta appears and that she met Kusunoki Kirara (Akatsuki Red) the plot begins to move to what begins to happen in the Game on a larger scale, not just this school arc so to speak.
Regarding the fact that he is Fat, remember his Skill: Gluttony, as well as Risa = Estrus (Lust).
With the supposed girlfriend, I think he made it clear from the first chapters of her, although it was the real chubby's obsession,
He is not interested in her at all and let's not forget that she is the FC of the game (that is, just another NPC).
Finally, and it seemed strange to me, you think that he wants to lead a sad and lonely life, since from the first chapters to the current one, he means having a quiet and family life surrounded by his friends (being a totally Adult position).
since he knows the worldwide disasters that are approaching.
From the first chapters, the MC thinks, like Vin Diesel in F&F, things come first in the Family. which makes me remember the most important thing, his parents and sister are grinding lvl together with him, so they alwais have the same level as him!!!

Hiatus? More likely they want to turn LN to money.
Checking the WebNovel.
last chapter August 2, 2024
  • Scheduled to be updated every other week around 6:00 p.m. on Thursdays.
  • Information on the fifth volume of the book and the fourth volume of the comic is now available in the status notes!

Dex-chan lover
eing up to date with the Web Novel (https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16816700427680301576) and without spoiling anything, I can only say that don't worry, since from the last chapter where Risa Nitta appears and that she met Kusunoki Kirara (Akatsuki Red) the plot begins to move to what begins to happen in the Game on a larger scale, not just this school arc so to speak.
That's good. At the moment the pacing just feels wrong.
Regarding the fact that he is Fat, remember his Skill: Gluttony, as well as Risa = Estrus (Lust).
Never mentioned that.
Btw, doesn't he become slimmer due to dieting and training? Thought I read it somewhere.
With the supposed girlfriend, I think he made it clear from the first chapters of her, although it was the real chubby's obsession,
He is not interested in her at all and let's not forget that she is the FC of the game (that is, just another NPC).
He mentions that his body (real chubby) longs for her so he can't fall in love with another girl (talk with Risa) https://mangadex.org/chapter/7ccbe122-0268-43c5-ac48-5af2d9e4e8db/18 . Furthermore, if she's irrelevant for him, why does she appear again and again in the story. That indicates that there will be some kind of development in the future (even if he denies it). At this point it just makes her unlikable because she (at an extremely slow pace) grasps some of his changes but still seems to be interested in the game MC. I think at the moment most readers have the same opinion of her as the MC's sister. "Oh, it's that person. (annoyed look)"
If she's not relevant for MC, leave out her thoughts. If she's relevant, go faster with the development.
Finally, and it seemed strange to me, you think that he wants to lead a sad and lonely life, since from the first chapters to the current one, he means having a quiet and family life surrounded by his friends (being a totally Adult position).
since he knows the worldwide disasters that are approaching.
From the first chapters, the MC thinks, like Vin Diesel in F&F, things come first in the Family. which makes me remember the most important thing, his parents and sister are grinding lvl together with him, so they alwais have the same level as him!!!
I agree that he wants to lead a quiet family life. But that's it. He didn't want to be surrounded by friends. As you mentioned he regards all the other people except his family as NPCs and he tries to interact with them as little as possible. The friendship with the two girls just happens because of the initiative of Risa.
I don't think that it's adult to restrict your life to your core family (mom, dad, sister). Though family is the most important thing it's adult to pursue your own happiness, starting an own family and making your family bigger (btw that's what also happened in F&F, it's not about blood relatives).

What I'm missing in the story (at least at this point) is initiative from the MC. Plot summary to this point: keeping low profile, maintaining original plot and grinding with family. I fear that we get to see how the game MC clears the trials according to the plot with his party with the MC watching from the sideline just assisting from the shadows when absolutely necessary.
Hopefully, the MC will become/ is forced to become more active. Acting according to the script was okay in the beginning but at some point it became boring.

Edit: Just read character introduction (as of Episode 142) (webnovel)
FMC and MC are still engaged though he said that he wanted to to something about it?Maybe you could give me some spoilers because I don't have the time/motivation to read the whole novel at the moment.
Furthermore (description FMC):
"In fact, she is beginning to suspect that Souta may be strong, and is watching for an opportunity to observe him." We are still at this point after 142 chapters?

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Man I hope some group takes over this series
Raw Chapters till 56 is out
but we are stuck at 35

Group Leader
Qnothe
The problem is that - even though it's understandable to some extent that he acts like does - if the story continues like this it's just a boring read. He lived a pathetic life in his old world and after being isekaied he ... still lives a pathetic life.
Don't get me wrong, the series has a lot of potential and it's a good thing that he doesn't replace the game MC immediately (even though he's already stronger than he and his entire party) but (in my opinion) the development is just too slow (especially his relationship with his fiance).
If he uses his OP skills and knowledge just to nullify the other players tries to change the story so that his character can live a lonely life in misery just because he's an NPC it becomes boring and depressing at some point.
Another person who failed to read the story and should go read solo leveling.

Where did you get the idea he was a pathetic loser from? He had a hobby and actual losers were looking down on him for enjoying it so much he even brought merch to work. He didn't work in black company. He didn't die from overwork either.

I'm not going to explain why he isn't doing that because you should have realized why he can't do that without risking his and his families life. He's not OP either idk where you got that idea. Solo leveling is rotting your brain.

Dex-chan lover
Another person who failed to read the story and should go read solo leveling.
Is this your try of a "clever" insult? (btw I actually tried reading it some time ago because of the hype but abandoned it after the first chapters)
Where did you get the idea he was a pathetic loser from? He had a hobby and actual losers were looking down on him for enjoying it so much he even brought merch to work. He didn't work in black company. He didn't die from overwork either.
Maybe saying that he lead apathetic life was too much but let's have a look what is shown in the first chapter. What he did was work, play, sleep, repeat. At work he didn't interact with other people, even in the game he appeared to be a loner who looks down on others. He was bored of his real life (that's why I said "pathetic", maybe "unfulfilling" would have been more appropriate). That's why he tried to escape into the world of the game. Now he is in the game and his only goal is to prepare himself and his family (originally it was just his sister) for the big event. Yes, I get why he acts like he does and if you read my comment properly (maybe you read solo leveling before reading my comment) you would know that I didn't criticize the whole story but single points and the pacing. What I criticized wasn't him not becoming the protagonist but solely him (again) avoiding any social contact except his family. Even if he avoids the game MCs because they are important for the main event he could at least interact with other mob characters. (since the last chapters he starts interacting with Risa and her friend but that was initiated by Risa)
I'm not going to explain why he isn't doing that because you should have realized why he can't do that without risking his and his families life. He's not OP either idk where you got that idea.
As mentioned before I get why he acts like he does but I don't like the way it's presented and the pacing of the story. The school arc where everybody looks down on him in some way and he secretly levels up is too long. You can actually skip many chapters where there is no progress in the story at all (just him getting "NTRed" by his "fiance" (in the webnove you can see that this actually hurts him put he suppresses "his" feelings for the sake of the story plot. On the other hand, he says that he couldn't go for another girl due to his game character, which makes him effectively asexual).

Maybe he's not OP in the sense that he is not the most powerful being in the game, but at this point he's probably far stronger than the hero and his party and many other pupils of the higher grades who look down on him. Regarding his skill "gluttony" (which makes him not invincible but pretty strong) and the fact that he got isekaied into this character you can assume that he will have some special role in the further plot of the game (maybe with the people who represent the other deadly sins).

Solo leveling is rotting your brain.
Again the insult? You really should grow up. I'm always willing to listen to other opinions, and I would actually be happy if you could explain your point of view but with insults we both will gain nothing. I'm not saying that I'm an expert (just read through the manga once), I just described my impression of the manga.

To sum it up, I didn't want to deny your favourite story as a whole, I just criticized some points who could be improved (in my opinion).
It's sad that nowadays we life in world where people just think in extremes. Just because I think the progress in this story is too slow doesn't mean that I'm into speed OP stories without much content.

There are many hints for great developments in the story but (in my opinion) the pace is just too slow: you get a hint for a development, then there are some chapters who just feel like fillers and then we get to the next hint without real development. (I hope the manga continues to being faster than the webnovel).

As for the MC, I would like him to show some kind of personality instead of acting like a robot. I'm missing some character growth.
My interpretation of MC: He lived a loner life and was bored of his real life and the daily rut. That's why he escaped into the world of the game every evening making it the most important thing in his life (not just a hobby) because in this world he was one of the best and not just one of many (mob character). Now he is in said world and he lives again a loner life with a daily rut (preparing for the upcoming event). He doesn't act/shows on any feelings (except his wish to survive and protect his family) and all his actions are dictated/limited by the main story plot as far as he knows about it (there is probably a hidden story in game behind Butao but we'll need probably need 100 more chapters to come to this point). That's an interesting idea but it makes it boring to read without any personality shown (e.g. making up with characters his character hurt before isekaing)

PS: Sorry for the long comment, but I had the feeling that my words would be twisted again otherwise.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Is this your try of a "clever" insult? (btw I actually tried reading it some time ago because of the hype but abandoned it after the first chapters)

Maybe saying that he lead apathetic life was too much but let's have a look what is shown in the first chapter. What he did was work, play, sleep, repeat. At work he didn't interact with other people, even in the game he appeared to be a loner who looks down on others. He was bored of his real life (that's why I said "pathetic", maybe "unfulfilling" would have been more appropriate). That's why he tried to escape into the world of the game. Now he is in the game and his only goal is to prepare himself and his family (originally it was just his sister) for the big event. Yes, I get why he acts like he does and if you read my comment properly (maybe you read solo leveling before reading my comment) you would know that I didn't criticize the whole story but single points and the pacing. What I criticized wasn't him not becoming the protagonist but solely him (again) avoiding any social contact except his family. Even if he avoids the game MCs because they are important for the main event he could at least interact with other mob characters. (since the last chapters he starts interacting with Risa and her friend but that was initiated by Risa)

As mentioned before I get why he acts like he does but I don't like the way it's presented and the pacing of the story. The school arc where everybody looks down on him in some way and he secretly levels up is too long. You can actually skip many chapters where there is no progress in the story at all (just him getting "NTRed" by his "fiance" (in the webnove you can see that this actually hurts him put he suppresses "his" feelings for the sake of the story plot. On the other hand, he says that he couldn't go for another girl due to his game character, which makes him effectively asexual).

Maybe he's not OP in the sense that he is not the most powerful being in the game, but at this point he's probably far stronger than the hero and his party and many other pupils of the higher grades who look down on him. Regarding his skill "gluttony" (which makes him not invincible but pretty strong) and the fact that he got isekaied into this character you can assume that he will have some special role in the further plot of the game (maybe with the people who represent the other deadly sins).

Again the insult? You really should grow up. I'm always willing to listen to other opinions, and I would actually be happy if you could explain your point of view but with insults we both will gain nothing. I'm not saying that I'm an expert (just read through the manga once), I just described my impression of the manga.

To sum it up, I didn't want to deny your favourite story as a whole, I just criticized some points who could be improved (in my opinion).
It's sad that nowadays we life in world where people just think in extremes. Just because I think the progress in this story is too slow doesn't mean that I'm into speed OP stories without much content.

There are many hints for great developments in the story but (in my opinion) the pace is just too slow: you get a hint for a development, then there are some chapters who just feel like fillers and then we get to the next hint without real development. (I hope the manga continues to being faster than the webnovel).

As for the MC, I would like him to show some kind of personality instead of acting like a robot. I'm missing some character growth.
My interpretation of MC: He lived a loner life and was bored of his real life and the daily rut. That's why he escaped into the world of the game every evening making it the most important thing in his life (not just a hobby) because in this world he was one of the best and not just one of many (mob character). Now he is in said world and he lives again a loner life with a daily rut (preparing for the upcoming event). He doesn't act/shows on any feelings (except his wish to survive and protect his family) and all his actions are dictated/limited by the main story plot as far as he knows about it (there is probably a hidden story in game behind Butao but we'll need probably need 100 more chapters to come to this point). That's an interesting idea but it makes it boring to read without any personality shown (e.g. making up with characters his character hurt before isekaing)

PS: Sorry for the long comment, but I had the feeling that my words would be twisted again otherwise.
I'm sorry he isn't sun jin woah or whatever and isn't solo leveling. He actually has a plan and isn't rushing into things and being cautious. Bro his life was fine he was in his lane and unbothered.

Bro you're just hating on his hobby you're exactly like his co workers who talk smack and are unhappy he's not unhappy with them lmao.

Yeah he probably is stronger but what's the point in standing out? You've read the WN you know what happens to the other guy and how he effed up the story and how one of the heroines now has the wrong idea. You also should know the scope of the story isn't just the school. Also he has no reason to interact with the mob characters it's just a burden on him since he wants to focus on his family. He can't save everyone.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry he isn't sun jin woah or whatever and isn't solo leveling. He actually has a plan and isn't rushing into things and being cautious. Bro his life was fine he was in his lane and unbothered.

Bro you're just hating on his hobby you're exactly like his co workers who talk smack and are unhappy he's not unhappy with them lmao.
Guess solo leveling really got you because you have to mention it every comment. But I'm sorry, I already mentioned that it's not my kind of manga.

I never hated on his hobby. I just said that he was shown (maybe it's different in the wn) as a person who didn't interact much with other people (no friends, no family).
Calling me "exactly like his co workers who talk smack and are unhappy" is another pathetic try to insult me, "bro". You should really work on your communication skills because your answer shows that you either have problems understanding my text or that you have problems to give coherent answers in an appropriate manner.
What you can see in the manga (in my opinion) is that he centered his life solely around the game instead of socializing with other people (not just his co-workers but also other people). If that's your ideal way of living that's also fine with me.
I think our issue is that you assume that he was some kind of victim who was harassed by his co-workers whereas I think that he was actually avoiding social contacts (which would fit with his behaviour ingame) and that's the reason why his co-workers started talking about him (which is not good nonetheless).
Yeah he probably is stronger but what's the point in standing out? You've read the WN you know what happens to the other guy and how he effed up the story and how one of the heroines now has the wrong idea. You also should know the scope of the story isn't just the school.
No, I didn't read the webnovel. I just read some single chapters where I thought that some background knowledge could be found. So I don't know what happens with the other guy or one of the heroines. Also, I just know from another comment that the scope isn't just the school but I don't know what else is going to happen. That's why I said that I hope the school arc doesn't last too long because from my point of view (without detailed knowledge of the wn and further developments) even though it was interesting in the beginning it became rather repetitive without any significant progress. That was my point of criticism.

Also he has no reason to interact with the mob characters it's just a burden on him since he wants to focus on his family. He can't save everyone.
It's just my opinion, but I think it's natural to try to make friends because people need other people (at least for mental health). Making friends just on the premise if they can be useful to you (like sacrificial pawns) is a rather misanthropic way of thinking. But if you think in a more strategic way (like the MC) it would be better to have more strong comrades who you can trust.

I hope I could give you a better understanding of my opinion. I would appreciate it if you reacted in future comments to what I actually said in a non-aggressive way. If you could enlighten me with background knowledge of the WN (of course as spoilers) which make the story more understandable/enjoyable I would be thankful. Otherwise this will be a barren discussion.

Dex-chan lover
MC = Gluttony
Risa = Estrus ( Lust )
Yankee Guy - probably Pride
I suspect their homeroom teacher is Wrath or Sloth

I guess we are having seven deadly sins here.
Yep. This is starting to look like Solo Leveling including his crappy disguise to hide his level and skills ( using that fat body which is working LOL).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is solo leveling, including the harem, with a hint of seven deadly sins, and the obvious bait version.

Dex-chan lover
Isekai Musou ( Unparalleled even in Real World ) also did not show the fat version, which only lasted 1 chapter. Still, there is no greater bait than this manga. I think he stays fat for life and will SEXY FORM only in battle mode like a pokemon holding some adult toys.

Dex-chan lover
Man I hope some group takes over this series
Raw Chapters till 56 is out
but we are stuck at 35
We lost NOTHING, even at 56 there is not much progress yet. Better for TL to release his load like a pent up abstinence from NNN when things you know.... are having progress.

Aggregator gang
We lost NOTHING, even at 56 there is not much progress yet. Better for TL to release his load like a pent up abstinence from NNN when things you know.... are having progress.
I want more chapters and I guess I don't believe when people say there is no progress
honestly, if there isn't much progress story-wise, so long as the content itself is good enough, it's all good.

I don't also need the TL delayed pent-up load. Either explode your load right now or, rather, other TL groups try to cum-rain their load on us.

I want chapters that is it.

One of these days, I'm truly going to commit and learn Japanese -_-

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Isekai Musou ( Unparalleled even in Real World ) also did not show the fat version, which only lasted 1 chapter. Still, there is no greater bait than this manga. I think he stays fat for life and will SEXY FORM only in battle mode like a pokemon holding some adult toys.
lol yea i did read (I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too)

that show... yea I rather take this fat MC and him BEING FAT forever

Users who are viewing this thread