Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 63.3

My god, I'd put this off for half a year and chose the perfect day to read it again, the whole damn fight in one sitting, I'm emotionally wrecked by the awesomeness

Dex-chan lover
honestly this arc is peak. I really don't think anything after this can top this arc. If the story ends here I'm fine with it lol

anw, thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm......

dragonmeat.png
What's this from?

Double-page supporter
A real shame, too many anime adapt for the sake of adapting it, not really trying to convey the weight of the original work.
Anime adaptions are just commercials in the end, or cashing in to the popularity of the source material. An adaption that is a passion project is rare, cause if you wanna do a passion project you might as well do an original series.

Dex-chan lover
It will be weird if they high 5 each other and one of the hands passes the other.

That was straight up no joke one of the best fights I have ever read in over twenty years of reading manga. That dragon was terrifying--indomitably huge, and knowledgeable about magic, but also cunning. He's a being of reason, but is evil and cruel and cannot be reasoned with.

How does he still have burn scars on his hands if his entire body kept getting dissolved and remade with overeater?
The scars were caused by holy fire were they not? Maybe they are seared into his soul too, which is why they showed up again even after reforming. Or perhaps the reforming is partially based on perception as others have stated, and he considers it a crucial part of him. His "mark of a man" as blade called it.

I am leaning more towards the first reason though myself.

What an insane arc! This is one of the very few manga where I actively waited for more chapters to come out to read it because the wait is so worth. Even after waiting half a year, I still remember the plot and the stories of each character. Simply peak fiction.

Aggregator gang
Just a heads-up new chapters will now be on a bi-monthly release schedule. The manga is wrapping up the second last volume and will be entering the last volume (as of now) very soon. There's honestly very little material left to work with since they already adapted parts of the last volume so it makes sense they're slowing it down and the mangaka still needs to make a living so they might be picking up another series in-between.

This was actually something the mangaka needed to get approval from their editor so they could continue the adaptation. It really does seem like the mangaka absolutely adores this series.

As for the future of this series, it could go either way. The author is still suffering from mental and physical illness which caused them writing anxiety which just to clear out the rumors it was never writers block but they are still writing the next volume but when has no clear date. It's possible that the mangaka might either wait for them or choose to adapt the Web Novel exclusive arc.

Anyhow here's the source for update: https://x.com/mtm_okbs/status/1763462789107200510?s=20

Users who are viewing this thread