Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 64.2

Double-page supporter
will be funny 5 years down the road, when I eventually re-read the Manga and not even remember "Maidenless" was ever a meme.

Dex-chan lover
furiosly makes notes
Oh boy, I know none of these. Which is great, since it means I get to read them with a sizable backlog of pages accumulated :3
Slight correction, Rising Glass should be Rising Sand.

If you like the look of The Meek, the author's other work, Mare Internum is pretty wild. It's also a completed comic.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ava's Demon. I think the art is incredible, but the story has taken so long to progress I'm worried the author may give up at some point and move on to more lucrative work. It's been 12 years to advance the story maybe a week or so. I think the problem being that she's telling the story through, essentially, storyboard panels.

I cautiously suggest Stand Still. Stay Silent. The first book is really cool. It has some early story worldbuilding that basically predicted how people would react to a global pandemic by about 6-7 years. Unfortunately, at some point in book 2 the author had an identity crisis and totally reinvented who they are. New view on life, new religion, etc. So much so that she disowns the comic. Which is wild to me because it's so much better than her current work which is very preachy. Anyway, the comic gets a pretty rushed ending.

Dex-chan lover
Slight correction, Rising Glass should be Rising Sand.

If you like the look of The Meek, the author's other work, Mare Internum is pretty wild. It's also a completed comic.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ava's Demon. I think the art is incredible, but the story has taken so long to progress I'm worried the author may give up at some point and move on to more lucrative work. It's been 12 years to advance the story maybe a week or so. I think the problem being that she's telling the story through, essentially, storyboard panels.

I cautiously suggest Stand Still. Stay Silent. The first book is really cool. It has some early story worldbuilding that basically predicted how people would react to a global pandemic by about 6-7 years. Unfortunately, at some point in book 2 the author had an identity crisis and totally reinvented who they are. New view on life, new religion, etc. So much so that she disowns the comic. Which is wild to me because it's so much better than her current work which is very preachy. Anyway, the comic gets a pretty rushed ending.
Oh, I'm pretty sure I did read some of Mare Internum! I don't have any recollection of the plot though. I briefly confused it with some other webcomic set on some aquatic planet, but I can't remember the name of it (edit: I was thinking of Derelict). I'll have to try to see if I have my RSS feeds from ten years ago saved anywhere and catch up with any of the works that might have ended since then. Paranatural, Vattu, Cucumber Quest and Gunnerkrigg Court especially. And Prequel, of course. I did reread The Last Halloween after being reminded about it when Slay the Princess came out though!

Oh, yeah, I know Ava's Demon! I vaguely remember liking it, but not much else about it, heh. Thanks for the reminder :3

Damn, that does sound pretty wild. With that in mind, I might check out the first book and stop there so as to not get disappointed by the rest.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh, I'm pretty sure I did read some of Mare Internum! I don't have any recollection of the plot though. I briefly confused it with some other webcomic set on some aquatic planet, but I can't remember the name of it (edit: I was thinking of Derelict). I'll have to try to see if I have my RSS feeds from ten years ago saved anywhere and catch up with any of the works that might have ended since then. Paranatural, Vattu, Cucumber Quest and Gunnerkrigg Court especially. And Prequel, of course. I did reread The Last Halloween after being reminded about it when Slay the Princess came out though!

Oh, yeah, I know Ava's Demon! I vaguely remember liking it, but not much else about it, heh. Thanks for the reminder :3

Damn, that does sound pretty wild. With that in mind, I might check out the first book and stop there so as to not get disappointed by the rest.
Since we're on the topic, I've been wracking my brain (and browser history) for a webcomic that looked promising. It started on webtoon, I think, and split off for it's own website at some point with the intention of starting the story over with improved art. All I remember from the story is that it's a fantasy story that centers around an old hunter who accidentally (or purposefully?) releases an ancient witch/sorceress that used to rule the area he lives in.

I think the author is french or french canadian.

Dex-chan lover
Since we're on the topic, I've been wracking my brain (and browser history) for a webcomic that looked promising. It started on webtoon, I think, and split off for it's own website at some point with the intention of starting the story over with improved art. All I remember from the story is that it's a fantasy story that centers around an old hunter who accidentally (or purposefully?) releases an ancient witch/sorceress that used to rule the area he lives in.

I think the author is french or french canadian.
Hmmm, that does sound interesting, but doesn't ring a bell, unfortunately...
There is a decent chance it might have started after I had shifted my primary type of consumed comics from webcomics to manga.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm, that does sound interesting, but doesn't ring a bell, unfortunately...
There is a decent chance it might have started after I had shifted my primary type of consumed comics from webcomics to manga.
Ya, it started only within the past couple of years. I'll probably have to consult r/webcomics, r/webtoon or r/tipofmytongue. The author may have scrapped the project entirely or all I know. But the art was good, the story was intriguing, and I liked that the protagonist was in his late 50s. Felt rare.

Regarding Stand Still. Stay Quiet. The "books" are actually separated into Adventures. Adventure 1 is about 1000 pages. Adventure 2 by comparison is only about 550 pages with the very last chapter only being 11 pages long.

Dex-chan lover
Between Ilganyag and Stagnate, there are too many hot crow women in the stories I'm reading.
Ilganyag who ?

i would not mind more hot crow women in my near future, i only seen this other crow and A Falcon so far.
( had to read both outside of Mangadex because they have not been updated in years on Mangadex )

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ilganyag who ?

i would not mind more hot crow women in my near future, i only seen this other crow and A Falcon so far.
( had to read both outside of Mangadex because they have not been updated in years on Mangadex )
Lady Ilganyag is mostly a jest on my part. She uses visions and seduction a lot in Unsounded to manipulate different characters. In reality, she's a primordial monster from before the beginning of time.

ch10_68.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Lady Ilganyag is mostly a jest on my part. She uses visions and seduction a lot in Unsounded to manipulate different characters. In reality, she's a primordial monster from before the beginning of time.
hm... a little too eldritch for my taste, but thanks for the reply :wooow:

Contributor
Oh no, she's hot. After asking will to go find a girl to have kids with, Stagnate basically went "Fine, I guess I'll do it for you myself."
:dogkek:

Yeah, I'm willing to believe these two goddesses in a love triangle with Will are definitely nudging the hands of fate to keep his random encounters with girls to be abnormally low.

I can only name 3 living women after all the various men he's met: Bee (just a friend), Anna (in love with Reystov) and Dine (has romantic tension with Menel). Every other living character I've recorded in my list is a man. Will is already a very high-spec man on paper without even including the fact that he's fairly good-looking, but it's not normal that he's this unpopular with the maidens of his world. Trashier isekais have given trashier protagonists way more girls for way less than what Will has achieved in this world.

As much as I hate to say it, but adding a mortal woman into Will's love triangle would turn that into a love square and make this story technically a harem with 3 love interests after him. And I'm not sure I'm ready to see this story turn into yet another harem...
:pepehmm:

On a side note, I do love how Menel keeps Dine in mind with his wish. I'm leaning towards team Gracefeel for Will's crazy divine love triangle, but I fully support Menel and Dine as that side ship I've always wanted...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread