Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Fulfilled Promise

Double-page supporter
I just had a thought: what if Will is not a sacrifice to release the demon, but rather a reincarnation of the demon that they've been raising so it won't be evil this time? That would explain the setup far better. If the demon is still sealed down there, there's no reason for them to be released from their duty — in fact, if there are demons bringing sacrifices to break the barrier, their duty is more important than ever. And why would the god say that their attachment is gone if Gus is still there and the demon is still sealed? And why was Gus attacking Will in earnest at first during the challenge? Makes sense if he was afraid Will had regained his memories.

Group Leader
@Verbomancer I'm interested, what's 12 Kingdoms ? Got a link ? I couldn't find it.

@ZeeVee I had the exact same thoughts when the God's Echo told them they lost their attachment to the "seal", in particular this exact wording "attachment to the seal". Since they choose to let him go and roam free at that very moment, when they bid him their farewells.

@Shyning 12 Kingdoms (十二国記) is an older series of LNs, released back in the 90s. It was one of the progenitors of the Isekai genre before the recent boom, and was very good imo. It never got a manga version (LN adaptations usually skipped over manga and went straight to anime in those days), but there's a very good anime adaptation that covers most of the story if you can track it down. You can find an English translation of (most of) the novels here: http://www.eugenewoodbury.com/downloads.htm.

Contributor
If you like the manga, you really need to read the novel it's far better, it makes you cry xD

Dex-chan lover
@zeevee I think Gus tried to kill MC because he didn't want the day of his coming of age to come. That way he could still live along with Marie and Blood.

Dex-chan lover
And that's why Gus told him to lose the fight with Blood.
Huh.

Well anyways, something tells me that's not the god Will's going to be dedicating himself to.

you know
my tears intantly poured out the moment
blood and mary told will to forget about them
, at that point, my eyes were bawling like a river. then,
blood and mary said their farewells
. I screamed really hard while crying like a little bitch.
i'm 6'3" 230 lbs 21 years old guy with (my friends think) an intimidating face, and cried to this almost as hard as when i watched hachiko
The faraway paladin is a goddamn masterpiece. i love you, blood, mary & gus. :'(

Dex-chan lover
That explains their skills... but if undead can't progress then what is the meaning of getting stagnate... that God is truly a wretched one

Supporter
@Accelerat3 are you talking about the LN or the manga? I read the LN a while back and I reckon if anything it's more affecting. The art style is pretty distinctive as well.

No no no. This is painful to watch. No, my heart.

HEREBY I WILL SUMMON GUTS FOR THE DEMON AND KRATOS FOR THE GODS. FORK YALL!

But dayum, this world is has OP demons

Double-page supporter
Nonononononono please ... I don't need this kind of depressing shit. They're such good people, and Will's only family in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread