Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - The Battle's Climax

Dex-chan lover
Haha, that sucks! But I'm happy it's not just the merry duo who is getting all the glory. Nice chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Well this is great XD sometimes plans don't go as planned but rarely they go in your favor so hard so that's good!! and we can even move to the next arc asap XD with less casualties, I say this is a win.

Aggregator gang
Reading this makes me realize just how bad pretty much every other isekai manga is.

Dex-chan lover
Almost thought Reystov was the enemy. Ty for the chapter, tho!

Dex-chan lover
This chapter called The Battle's Climax brought to you by: The Penetrator™.

Fed-Kun's army
@lurker123 @a707 Isekai is never supposed to be a story in and of itself - it's a plot device to introduce something that would ordinarily not be consistent with the world building.

In this story, it's used to introduce three things: a character who is not hardened and jaded by the world around them despite having immense skill and power, a story element into the rest of the world that would never make it outside the lost city on its own, and a sociopolitical element that under any other circumstances would not survive the machinations around it.

Almost every other Isekai I've ever read treats the Isekai as a story in and of itself. An excuse for a self-pleasuring power trip where the Isekai'd character is straight up inherently superior to everyone around them: not simply in possession of something others don't (yet) possess. This failure is exacerbated by the frequent implementation of second-order idiot plots, where everyone around the MC is inexcusably too stupid/incompetent to learn anything new or otherwise act with intelligence.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

I know this is asking a lot, but I wish Menel's shaman/druid spells rhymed. I guess Goblin Slayer spoiled me.

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork
Isekai is never supposed to be a story in and of itself - it's a plot device to introduce something that would ordinarily not be consistent with the world building.

Ehh, at first yeah it was just a plot device, but isekai quickly became an entire genre of its own. I will agree though that this story isn't really in the genre of isekai but has an isekai premise.

Fed-Kun's army
@StaticTransit Eeehhhh...only if you do mental gymnastics equivalent to drug abusers using cocaine, heroin, and PCP for "medicinal purposes". Yeah, there's a lot of trash stories that use Isekai in their bullshit, but it can't really be called a genre. We don't call drug dealers and cartels "doctors" and "hospitals" after all.

I mean, if somebody's got an incredibly well done analysis that contradicts me, I'd love to see it. But until then...

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork Isekai used to be a narrative scenario, but nowadays is a genre that is practically exclusively tied with the Chosen One trope, and has devolved into stories for wish fulfillment.

This particular story would remain the same without the isekai elements, it could have been a typical fantasy story, and the isekai aspect seems to be there just to fit in within the mainstream.

You could have the previous hero team adopt a baby and raise it, explaining why the kid didn't knew about the world, and why he hand't been exposed to its realities like everyone else, then have him encounter the gods and be put in the middle of deciding if he chooses to keep the legacy of his adopted family or join the dark side. It would flow just the same.

The MC's motivations of his previous life don't really have much weight on this story because they can still happen without him being an otherworlder, they could have made him an infant around 5 to 7 years old, young enough to be ignorant of the world at large but conisant enougth to have experienced the lost of his previous family and grew attached to a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread