Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita - Ch. 21

Contributor
I didn't quite fully understand the plan, but what I got from reading is that originally the good guys proposed to deliberately make the noble's place look weakly defended, somehow inviting attack from the gang and they (the good guys) will ambush everyone who comes to attack. That idea was nixed because it would reveal that they were reading the organization's movements. Or rather than "attack", it makes more sense for the gang to come in and "secure" the gold and documents.

So somehow, Mira becomes involved, maybe as an excuse to thin out the noble's guards as they expect her to do something that would attract the attention of guards? It's mostly the part involving Mira and how she would serve as a diversion that confuses me the most. I'm not quite seeing how she fits into this outside of being affiliated with the kidnapping gang, the last time I saw her, she lured Ivy to a sweets shop with two other ladies: a conspirator and an unwitting patsy. Probably an attempt to kidnap her but it was foiled.

I re-read 20.1 and it suggested that Mira is an expendable member of the gang who they are somehow using to distract the adventurer's guild. Well, I guess I'll see in the coming chapters.

Dex-chan lover
So, how exactly did Ivy become some sort of detective genius? Having an unnoticeable magic ally detector (several steps above a lie detector even) was bad enough, but that's not even half of what she's guessed and intuited so far.

That's not her past self, it's her skill as a tamer. Remember the cat from the earlier chapters? It had been following her for a while, guiding her when necessary before revealing itself to her. That's the ding she's speaking with in the anime right now. The cat.
Is the cat you are referring the one Sora healed? if so you might want to rewatch and reread the manga, the cat was introduced on chapter 7 and Episode 5, the ding she's hearing and speaking with in the anime has been happening since episode 1

Ivy and her leaps of logic that somehow all the seasoned adventurers think are brilliant. I hope it reveals that her former life was something interesting that supports her abilities.

I guess “the organization” (why do they have no name??) set up situations where key members “saved the life” of someone in order to establish their trustworthiness. Ivy guesses that this is all staged - I can see why she might notice that’s she’s heard the “he’s trustworthy because he saved me!” endorsement before, but she already had this thought many chapters ago before the pattern was established. I also don’t see why saving a person from bandits makes you trustworthy. This is overly simplistic. If you’re doing sus things, maybe the person you saved trusts you, but why would anyone else not just think you’re sus?

The worldbuilding doesn’t make sense, and it’s a very choppy manga adaptation. The panels are difficult to follow, sometimes it seems to have skipped a page, and I can never determine who is speaking. The author would have done better to keep things simple and not show too many details of their thought process, because it only confuses things and makes you realize they arent very good at deduction.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Is the cat you are referring the one Sora healed? if so you might want to rewatch and reread the manga, the cat was introduced on chapter 7 and Episode 5, the ding she's hearing and speaking with in the anime has been happening since episode 1
I wrote my post as the anime was just introducing Ciel, but they made it clear that it was her past self she was hearing in the anime. I just could have sworn they implied it to be the cat in the manga, but that chapter was released a long time ago. Very likely I remembered wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread