Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 16.2 - (Part two)

MD@Home
There sure are a lot of rapey undertones every time she's around people.

Dex-chan lover
There sure are a lot of rapey undertones every time she's around people.
I think it's more about her being very vulnerable. She's just a kid in an adults' world where there are quite a few unsavory people. And some of them deal in trafficking. She could easily disappear without anyone missing her, despite the friends she has.

Fed-Kun's army
Can someone remind me who/why/when Ivy was getting targeted? Is it related to their hometown?

Fed-Kun's army
Can someone remind me who/why/when Ivy was getting targeted? Is it related to their hometown?
It's not related to their hometown. It's just a kidnapping ring that's active in that town. As for why: a small runaway child is an easy target, won't be missed by anyone, simple as that. There is a lot going on because this kidnapping arc spans the entire 2nd volume of the light novel.

Aggregator gang
Also to give a small add on to the spoiler above me:
The human traffickers are aiming for Ivy because Mira has suspicions that Ivy might be a girl so her price would be way higher. Mira is the person of the trafficking group that searches out victims by going around with legit adventurers on guild missions.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh I know I said it before but there are so few good female role models, especially for young female MCs, in manga. Besides the fortune teller, there hasn't been one yet, so it's unfortunate that Mira couldn't be one

Dex-chan lover
Ahh I know I said it before but there are so few good female role models, especially for young female MCs, in manga. Besides the fortune teller, there hasn't been one yet, so it's unfortunate that Mira couldn't be one
In manga made for what demographics? What genres?

I don't think it's unfortunate, because the way I see it it's rare to see female villains in stories with reasonably balanced casts.

Dex-chan lover
In manga made for what demographics? What genres?

I don't think it's unfortunate, because the way I see it it's rare to see female villains in stories with reasonably balanced casts.
It's rare to have balanced villains period. Most are 1d cartoonish evil and nothing else.

Dex-chan lover
It's rare to have balanced villains period. Most are 1d cartoonish evil and nothing else.
Since the isekai boom, isekai and other fantasy have a rather low barrier of entry, so you get a lot of lower quality stories. Those have 1D cartoonish plots and characters overall. Villains tend to have it a bit worse, since they're often treated as purely plot devices for antagonising the heroes, with little thought as to how they actually fit into the world.

However, I'm more referring to the double standard where even in higher quality works, female characters are usually seen as inherently more good than male characters, and as such villains default to male more often than other types of characters (except mob characters meant to die in droves).

HQ

She was suspicious to me the moment she was introduced because she has the same hairstyle as Princess Bitch from Shield Hero.

Dex-chan lover
I knew it! I was suspicious when she appeared and she looked like the one character from the Shield Hero manga.

Dex-chan lover
Japan and bringing their silly underage drinking laws into every foreign universe and country despite them not making any sense in context

bottom text

Contributor
Well, there it is. So much for hoping it was just a red herring. I'm a little disappointed that a pretty young woman turned out to be a villain (who suspiciously already resembles another villainous young woman from another isekai), but it's not like all pretty young women in this series are evil. There's still Rugilet from Latome town's commerce guild and she's not a bad person.

Ratlua could be having complicated feelings about his old friend being one of the baddies. Props to Ivy for actually telling her suspicion to them straight, actually naming Mira too.

Users who are viewing this thread