Saijo no Osewa Takane no Hana-darakena Meimon-kou de, Gakuin Ichi no Ojou-sama (Seikatsu Nouryoku Kaimu) wo Kagenagara Osewa suru Koto ni Narimashita…

Dex-chan lover
Well thanks for testing the waters. This was a surprisingly nice chapter. A subtle air of tenseness but nothing that feels painful to read. Also liked the interactions here (father and daughter and the maid explaining the point of mannerisms in dinging; though personally I'm one for "let's just eat, I'm hungry"). Curious to see what drama unfolds if any... in three months I guess (but here's to hoping not that long).

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation! see you in 3 months after the other series you're working on maybe ended!

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I will never understand the idea of sacrificing your son / daughter for the family. It's like aiming for a goal that sacrifice the goal.
For real! Economic dynasties operate on a completely different level. it's as if they live in an entirely different reality from the rest of us. Hell, even when compared to the nouveau riche and the like.

Like the economic dynasties of Korea: the chaebols. While there have been exceptions to the rule, the common practice is that they marry within their own ranks or other highly established families.

There's a reason why Korean dramas with the topic of "Chaebol Member x Poor Girl" are so popular.

Group Leader
Honestly I will never understand the idea of sacrificing your son / daughter for the family. It's like aiming for a goal that sacrifice the goal.
Simple: status.

If you are rich and known you wouldn't want to tarnish your status. That is why parents sacrifice they daughters/sons by marrying them with people from other known families. Is dumb but that its what happens when you have the ego of the size of a country.

next chapter is pretty enfuriating because of this

Supporter
It’s not just that their money the father wants to protect. It’s everyone who works for them who will struggle to find work if their company goes under (and her bro seems like he’d go mad with power pretty easily if he took over)

Think of him more like a king looking after his subjects.

Dex-chan lover
"What's ice cream?"
Sounds like a parenting crime has been committed.

At least chubby Hitler looks friendly. It's more than you can say about the other one. And probably a better person too, even if he turns out to be a scumbag villain. Funny how things are relative.

I dunno about others, but when subtle details like that matters it's suffocating regardless.

"Manners are often disregarded these days."
No, antiquated manners are often disregarded these days. Just because modern people have different manners doesn't mean they're not manners.

I also doubt how following a script creates trust. Maybe trust that they will follow the rules, but not in any deeper and meaningful sense.

We'll see, I have one too many projects right now and I do everything by myself so I don't want to add more pressure to my life lol I have one close to the ending so maybe I will take it if nobody does.
Take your time. Life comes first.

Users who are viewing this thread