Saike Mata Shite mo - Vol. 13 Ch. 115 - Just You Wait

Fed-Kun's army
Back back to the river again !
That's right!
Back to the river again !
That's right!

Dex-chan lover
so why would you let one of them go when he knows saike will just reset the day?

Double-page supporter
Has "today" passed? As in, is it past 00:00 already?

I mean, he can just turn back time again, right?

Dex-chan lover
Man, if he is the last villain I'm really disappointing, all his analogy makes little sense, and I wouldn't say he is really evil, only a kind of sociopath for his traumas, witch are quite plain.

meeeh, we still have Ana and Hizu, they alone can carry this series so it should be fine.

thanks for the chapter!

pretty sure he wasnt intending to actually let saike go regardless of who the recycling bin was. maybe after enough time had passed but yeah no saike leaving the helicoptor midflight was definitely not part of the plan so it possible theres enough time to go back.

also how is he not evil? he brainwashes people to get what he wants, without any regard what it does to them. he's pulled strings for most of the stupid shit in this series and he's literally trampling over all of saike's hard work explicitly with intent of enslaving and mentally fucking destroying one of them. his petty motive and goal isnt going to mitigate that.

@CivilSky
also how is he not evil?
you can make the case that he is pretty evil, but not really in this ultimate evil sense he is presented.
but that's only relevant if you believe in evil.
in nature there is no value judgement in eating others to survive so why should there be in this case?

Group Leader
prediction: hizu will end up fake brainwashed and then right when it looks like the heroes are fucked and let their guard down he's gonna turn on will and beat his ass

Double-page supporter
Anyone else feel the big reveal is that he can rewind not from drowning in mogura pond, not from drowning, but just from dying from anything and wanting to go back?

The villian is way too hard to take seriously. I understand that he has a complex due to being mediocre and forgettable, but he has done so much for the most petty reasons. He's ruining people's lives just so he can feel important.

If he just brainwash people into being his friend, then fine. Still twisted but it would be understandable. The worst part is that its implied he date raped a girl with his powers. I don't think the author understands the severity of such an action and doesn't even draw attention to it.

this arc is feels like a dog that you've grown up with who had already reached the end of his life, hanging just by a thread. no longer is he the excitable, admirable little ball of sunshine, now old and weary and in pain, no longer able to go back to his glory days. you know he's suffering, he knows he's suffering, but you have too much of a soft spot to euthanise him and let him go

Double-page supporter
I think that's kind of the point. This villain has no redeeming qualities. The author isn't focusing in on any one of his actions because all of them are unforgivable and the hallmark of evil. There is nothing to save or to want to save about this person. If the author goes that route, that would be kind of interesting, especially seeing Saike grapple with the fact that there's no way for him to help Will.

Users who are viewing this thread