Saike Mata Shite mo

Dex-chan lover
Alrighty, just binged 9 volumes and the quality is still at peak as it was in the beginning.

Ngl, I compared the first arc to that "Oh my clock stopped working" scene in Steins;Gate, you can see why. I was skeptical when I found out that it's going to shift gears to a supernatural battle shounen but I'm glad that didn't stopped me because man the author knows how to write.

First thing's first: this series can't be compared with My Hero Academia and Steins;Gate. It takes an entirely different route compared to those two.

This series takes selfishness and its consequences as its core theme and explores its "power" to incredible depths that crafts characters that are really human. Its battle sequences are masterfully coreographed and the attention to detail in "powers", from its abilities to its unconventional weaknesses has all been thought out so well that it's incredibly easy to immersed yourself in the world. (Super light, not plot-related spoiler) The fact that
"powers" have to be tested multiple times just because their users just suddenly got them one day to the extent that the users themselves may not even realize that their power has a weakness
is an example of how well-thought out the "power" system is. (Also I'm using quotations cause the story doesn't have a ubiquitous name for it - power, ability, oracle, M - which speaks to how grounded to reality it is because synonyms often emerge in the real world naturally)

The storyline is incredibly organic as it is simply following the consequences of all the characters' selfish decisions to do one thing. They all chose to do what they do because they believe that they are right. Essentially, thus manga uses the "everyone is the protagonist of their own story" trope and executes it well.

Its diverse cast of characters are all loveable and memorable. None of the main not side characters are easy to forget wether it's because of their appearances, power, personality, objective, relationships, or their effects on the other characters.

And what I love about this the most is that it follows what other great shounen battles does: every arc has consequences and will affect the characters in one way or another. Every arc is essential to the story as the series will contain a hole if any one of them's missing.

10/10, highly recommended.

Code:
P.s. mild spoilers below, thread carefully.

Thought it was amazing, and got to read all the way to chapter 100 in two days. I hope it continues being updated.

There is a lot of way to save Mikan without die or use luck. Just tell her everything (with the fact that you time travel and say her even if she don't trust you just don't take a risk cuz you don't trust. And don't just say "You'll die" because she just gonna thought "Is he crazy ?"). You can do something for go back to home at 5:31 or 5:29 and not 5:30. Cuz when she died she is in the middle of the road despite walking, don't she can survive if she just run with all her might ? But he ended save her thanks to LUCK. I think the MC is stupid when it comes to save Mikan but a genius when it come to found opponent weakness and fight.

My dude is so broken he literally went through death, and death by drowning too, to not just save lives but prevent vases from being broken to prevent people being sad, hundreds, maybe thousands or more times. He thinks that he's only alive because god told him to use his power and his life, literally, to save other people only. This guy is probably the best hero ever but the one you don't want to be the most

Why are they not translating anymore?
according to animeplanet there are 142 chapters in total but there is only 112 chapters translated though.
does anybody know if there is a site that translated the rest??

Dex-chan lover
@Quapin
The group translating this is apparently on hiatus according to their group description.

But the manga ends on chapter 142, guess we'll have to wait.

now I just wanna know the ending, the last chaps I read were so frustrating, just when will they leave saike alone ?

Users who are viewing this thread