Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Incest isn't even part of the issue though, guys. Abel didn't want to marry Gizel, his clan tried to force it. Abel, seeing no way out, left. It was never about incest, it was about Abel practicing his free will.

@cor3zone
Incest isn't even part of the issue though
???
Didn't the MC say that siblings should never marry each other?
He also say it's messed up.
He thinks it's morally wrong, so he rans away because if not they're going to force him to marry her.
It's about his dumb thinking that morality should be the same from earth.

Dex-chan lover
@ak0ztik Yeah, but he did consider doing it for a sec. But he was afraid he would mess up Gizel, making her a shut-in, and of course that he would never be able to see the world. He has issues with incest, but it's not like he's totally against it. Ergo, it's not an issue. The fact that he just didn't want to marry her, for whatever reason, is though. Whether incest causes genetic defects or is morally wrong in that world doesn't matter. All these people saying he should just suck it up 'cause she's cute are weird. I'll bet if she was a mutant, or a fat old man or something, they would be singing a different tune. Or if they were the ones being forced. Most of western civilization stopped doing arranged marriages for a reason; it's not great.

And regarding his "dumb thinking", if you were reincarnated into say, a cannibal tribe, would you be ok with it? The morality of others doesn't matter, only your own.

@cor3zone
yeah he thinks only by himself, but not what gizel really feels if he runs away. i'm not suggesting the marriage here, i'm just against the just running away, i mean there should be another way.

cannibalism? why bring that up when that is not even widely known, i mean of course you'd be disgusted because we're not mentally ready, but you see in japan there's a known terms like siscon or brocon from novels, games in some times now, ah i remembered oreimo, mentally ready? possible.

Dex-chan lover
@ak0ztik Most educated people know both incest and cannibalism. Not widely know? What? And yes, incest occurs quite frequently, especially in manga and the like. But incest between close relatives, like parent-child or between siblings, is still a huge social taboo in actual real life. Abel already spent a childhood with those norms, and he knows the (potential) bad effects of incestous children. To him, incest might as well be just as disgusting as cannibalism is monstrous.

Regardless, his family and clan put him in such an uncomfortable situation, under such pressure, that he felt he had no choice but to run away and be forever an outcast. He's the victim in all of this! And he didn't actually "just" run away, he left a letter explaining what he did and why, and his dad knows he didn't want to marry Gizel. Gizel on the other hand didn't confront him, even though she knew what he would do, but rather hid the letter and sabotaged his cart. In such a way that he either died, or returned to live in disgrace.

Ponder if Abel didn't run away, and tried to talk it out. His dad already proved he wouldn't listen, and just forced the issue harder. His mom doesn't seem to care much at all. Gizel has now proven herself to be quite unhinged. His entire clan thinks incest marriage is normal and expected. Do you think anyone would listen? What other way was there? If you have suggestions I would love to hear them.

Well, we have a problem here. Incest does have a bad effect to the children but it is in the normal case of life with a normal human. They have magic flow in them, along with many novels, magic also has an effect that strengthen body. So in the fantasy world I think the incest is not the case. Just see his clan has so many people healthy. Also the problem here is just his modern ego, we all affected by the modern moral, so that we cant see straight to the fact that this world is different both in culture and science, biology.

Barely escaped from his yandere sister, now fell into the trap of some leecher girl. Sigh MC, you still got a lot to learn.

I hope the MC has learned his lesson and actually learns about the world around him and not just the things that interest him.

Double-page supporter
If he was more aware of his surroundings, he would have known he could have avoided the entire situation by proposing a marriage to Firo. Of course since he's dense and oblivious he didn't realize Firo liked him enough that she would gladly be his "excuse" to avoid marrying Gizel. They said marriage in the family was common, not required. Pay more attention. You're 32 years old mentally. You should be able to keep track of a conversation at this point.

Contributor
...He not only reincarnated with his memories but he also lived in a village of normal people, he has a ability to see stats... why would he lack the common sense that his magic is abnormal high...?

Maybe the sibling marriage is a lil bit too much for him to handle but running away like that ?
oof man, that's just make you an asshole.

Users who are viewing this thread