Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

why you wanna follow old world rule? you are on a new world now tho. such a waste

Double-page supporter
Wow Able immediately starts his life off as a gigolo in the city.

Dex-chan lover
@Izaya_Onisai - he has Japanese "common sense" that you should always describe your abilities as mediocre.
I have no idea how they manage to live like that, but Japan seems to be a place where people are lying all the time, but since there are proper traditions of when and how much you should lie, the locals can somehow navigate it.

“Oh no! I’m in so much trouble because I was obsessed with magic and failed to learn this world’s common sense! I know, why don’t I ignore everyone’s warnings and leave the village without learning what’s out there? And when I met up with strangers, maybe I’ll just talk their ears off about magic instead of asking questions about the wider world around me!”

Writing like this infuriates me, because any logic only exists if you assume that the character only exists when they’re in-panel. All those other moments of his 15 years of life? No additional knowledge, experience, or character growth happened during any of that time, and then he was suddenly ambushed by everything at once.

The central conceit of this story relies way too much on this guy remaining steadfastly Japanese after 15 years in a completely different society. He’s technically been aware of this life longer than his previous one, since he doesn’t have memories of the first couple years of his previous life, but he was completely aware at birth in this one.

As a side note, siblings/close relative relationships have a very clear scientific reason for being taboo: reinforced genetic defects. That’s why history is filled with sibling marriages before that knowledge became commonplace. On the other hand, in a world with magic and recycled souls, and healing through chimeras, who’s to say that genetics works even remotely similar here.

Dex-chan lover
Follow up on Darketower

I was actually frustrated with the commenters attacking the MC, because I did, in fact, take the MCs side on this. His parents were literally gonna force him into the marriage, with the father letting it off as "he'll get used to it." Reading your comment now makes sense though. I mean. he's lived 16 YEARS. And not ONCE he's been told he would marry his sister? Meanwhile, the mother taught their daughter about this tradition? Definitely off knowing this thought process. It should be noted, he knew exactly what he was doing when he ran away. The fact that he knew he was "breaking a rule" and would be treated as a "criminal" implies he knew SOME bits of Marren Tradition. But Sibling Marriage? NAH. He didn't know about that cuz he was too obsessed with magic or something. He only learned some parts of tradition, but not the full extent? I guess that's possible... but too much of a deus ex machina explanation if you literally don't have any explanation for his "disconnected knowledge." This, along with the fact that he knew about the "doom clan" that Mera is from implies he learned about other races too? So like. To what extent is his knowledge?

Also incest is bad. There is genetic evidence backing this up. I think a lot of people, including the writer's themselves, are forgetting this is an isekai. These "Humans" don't need to be the same "human." The fact that they're able to use magic is a big difference in biology, or world setting. There's no "rule" saying incest is scientifically/biologically wrong when it comes to other world races, even when they look, feel, and do as humans do. Considering the Marren tribes tradition is to marry siblings of close approximate age together and there hasn't been any reported problems means either A, the writer didn't think about it/write it into the story (which is fair). Or B, there are no genetic/scientific consequences to their action.

Wow how convenient they were just passing by as MC needed them, Also I don't hate Meya but her speaking in third person is really fucking annoying.

I can already see the awkward moment when his sister bumps into the two of them. Yandere mode activated 😡

This "Doom tribe" has something screwy about themselves.
Meya says that "nobody takes off their magical crystal" yet knows that it "peels off pretty easily, kinda like a scab". And whoever loses his crystal is scorned by the rest of the tribe.. and it's a permanent loss too?!!
Either Meya was misinformed.. or the author didn't see how this can be such a debilitating attribute. Imagine getting ignored/bullied/attacked because you hit your head with the door and the crystal on your forehead fell off.. or you can do that to others by targeting their crystals so they can get scorned too.
... also, the story could've took a dark turn if James turned out to be a slave-trader instead, and Abel and Meya were the newest additions to his wares...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread