Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
I working on chapter 16 which GD Scans already released, and they said that they were going to drop after chapter 17.

So should I skip to chapter 18 or keep doing my own thing?
Just ignore GD scans entirely. Block them, pretend they don't exist. If you are working on 16, finish it and continue. Don't let them dictate what you do and when.

Dex-chan lover
Holy cow, I thought people were joking.
Yeah it’s a kind of funny mess. Like some have said, GDS had been really good in the past for keeping up with smaller series, and even when they were slow they were consistent. Quality was solid, and they did quite a few series I wouldn’t have been able to read otherwise.

Nowadays though… not so much. They get a few chapters into something, basically drop it, then bomb a handful of chapters all at once when someone else picks it up. It’s honestly a mix of funny and sad now.

Dex-chan lover
For the first major conflict the main crew faces this should really establish not just their character but the dynamic and how they deal with serious threats in general... and this is kinda terrible.

So
1) Take the OP MC out for nothing but convenience. I mean bro one shotted the demon king his last chapter and he teleported there. No way a barrier could keep him away with what's been established and again he basically has instant transmission.
2) All the other characters are kinda useless. Okay so the villian has already established how much of a threat he "should be" (MC makes him a joke). But for some reason we're still having these pointless ass fights he dominates in where he also slowly explains his entire powerset because... reasons.

The biggest problem is the conflict just isn't consistent. The premise of the Manga is the MC and demon king cat sexy waifu laying low until they can get released and life a peaceful slow life. That already gives a great reason for the MC to be conflicted from showing off and saving the day vs pretending to be weak and struggle for their dream... except that's not at all what happens. He's already shown off by eliminating the demon king solo in the most obvious way (literally anyone else capable was knocked out as far as he knew and of the left over "weak" heroes everyone but him was in the city with an albi). Oh and the demon king waifu immediately reveals herself (she could've at least stayed a cat) in again the most obvious way. It's pure luck the angel didn't sense her. And with all this going on we're still wasting time on worthless fights.

If this manga wanted to make a serious story about struggling against all odds to be a hero while starting out as the lowest rank with no talent then it should have just done that. This is just completely inconsistent with everything we've been presented and for what? It's already been established that this character is a hero at her core and not willing to compromise her desire to help. You don't want to be saved anymore? THEN DON'T RUN INTO A FIGHT YOU CAN'T WIN AND JUST MAKE EVERYONE ELSE HAVE TO SAVE YOUR ASS.

Users who are viewing this thread