Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
cool you guys can drop this series now then.
MC finally had a cool moment tho I quite liked the "that time is mine and hers only" line.
Don't worry.
I'll drop the series if after all of these cringe bullshit, author decided to make the MC forgive the guy at the last second.

Dex-chan lover
Glad I checked to see who was TL'ing this before I read it. I'm not even going to give GDS the pleasure of a click. GFY GDS 🖕

Group Leader
So many hypocrites hating GDS and still reading their chapters! :lul:
342.png

Dex-chan lover
idk I kinda hate overpowered MCs but I'm fine with this guy so far because he doesn't fuck around and act clueless like all the others.
Usually I feel the same, especially when the MC essentially doesn't have to do anything, but I think this manga can be interesting from the standpoint of actually using the massive training timeskip.

In most mangas the OP guys are just kind of OP due to reincarnation or 'training' that is never really shown (nor does the training sequence have much to do with the story as a whole). With this one, though, the mangaka could take it in the direction of an old demon lord and her apprentice/partner coming back and dealing with the corruption of the hero system or dealing with her old nemesis's that have come to power in her absence.

Essentially, if they keep leaning into the importance of the timeskip (where the audience is only drip-fed context) then they can add a lot of depth to the story.

Dex-chan lover
You have a point on the numerical value being exaggerated, but there are two things that might come into play, in my opinion (besides an author being too liberal with numbers ,obviously).

A) EVERY life counts, no matter how small, hence even killing an normal ant colony or a bee hive gives him as many lives as the insects within said colony or hive that could amount in the thousands in one go.

B) The enemy hero is the one who exaggerates the number of lives he has and is bluffing in order to make his opponent give up/lose hope. And in truth he has a much smaller number like a few hundred or thousand.

C) The author fails at math.

Dex-chan lover
AOE spells and mass army murders are common in the isekai worlds these people are sent to. wouldnt surprise me if hes been part of massive genocides in the name of the "Goddesses" in charge of the school.
I did think about it, but that number is just so huge that even big AOE spells don't seem sufficient to justify it.
Even if he unleashed a spell that killed 1 million monsters (which would at least mean vaporizing a place as big as an entire city block, probably as big or bigger than that whole medieval town they're in), he would have to unleash that same spell not 100, not 1000, nor 10000 times, but more than a million times.
Supposing he unleashed that spell every single day, that would still take him 2700 years.
We can up the odds even more. He could unleash a spell that kills 10 million monsters 10 times per day.
That would still take him 27 years.

That's how wacky and unreasonable that number is. It's something that is impossible to appreciate unless you break it down to numbers we have a better understanding of, but that's just how far outside the realm of logic it is.

Dex-chan lover
He was like "I killed monsters for 10,000 years, dunno how many that was, but 2 trillion sounds like a nice workout", and made it sound like 2 trillion would be easy for him, who had killed monsters for 10,000 years, but in order to kill 2 trillion monsters in 10000 years, he'd have to kill 500,000 monsters PER DAY EVERY DAY. I kinda feel like he probably didn't do that. So 2 trillion would be quite a lot more than a workout.

Users who are viewing this thread