Saikyou no Shuzoku ga Ningen Datta Ken - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

haha, nice one perverted elf, but don't she think she'll die if they *bleep for real? overdozed of mana and explode?

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel
I don't think training is as big a problem as you say, though. He isn't training in his physical abilities at all and he isn't breaking people like eggshells. He isn't cratering the ground with every step.
The fire spell straight up was with no training to control his energy at all. And the elf was a fu**ing idiot for doing it that way, because she's responsible.
There's ALWAYS a 'sensing' or 'controlling' part to elemental magic in isekai unless they have a 'status' or some modifier that increases the sensing to 'natural'. Like that series where the mc has every type of magic stat at 777 times his base. He got the power, but he also got the control.
Your complaint is a catch-22, though. If he never even attempts to train himself...well... Go read 'Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex'.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger

I'm very familiar with the concept, which is part of my worry. In order to train up, you have to push yourself to the limits. But in order to train precision and restraint, you need to use it while also trying to hold back.

Problem is, when he's actively 'using' his power, he DOES crater the earth and become a living calamity. That's my concern. I can't tell if it's because he doesn't know how much to hold back, or if he can't hold back so much as he doesn't know how much of it to let out.

If he's completely null on understanding either form of emission, then we have the worst-case scenario I was envisioning.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel
Yes. But he hasn't actually TRIED to learn to control his power, either. He used it once, got scared, and bottled it up. And you know what happens when pressure builds in a bottle, right? And his raw power is a HELL of a lot of pressure.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger

Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation here. In that case, he has nothing to lose by trying to figure out how to control it. World has the potential to pop due to him either way. Maybe see if the scientist human chick left behind some sort of 'training limiter' device to reduce his output while he tries to learn control.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel and @Riger I imagine tensing up magically enhanced muscles, to try not to overpower, could turn you into a bumbling hulk, clenched muscles suddenly dense enough that the world seems like tissue, and then you get a nervous cramp that vibrates the continent you're on....

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel
'catch-22' pretty much MEANS 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'. Its when you have two choices, and they both screw you in some way.

Double-page supporter
page 15:
Me: Lechon anyone? tae-tae sir may ganyan pala diyan xD

Aggregator gang
Come to think of it, what is my occupation in this world? NEET? Leech? Good-for-nothing???

All of the above currently

Smug Ria is best Ria

RIP Ria. Even with a condom, the sweat from actually having sex would lead to her overdosing. Literally too much of a good thing.

Dex-chan lover
A question that has been bothering me a little: Why do the MC not learn to control his strenght instead of being afraid of doing anything? or even better why don't Ria teach the MC to control his mana so he doesn't destroys a moon everytime he tries to use magic?

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how long Ria will last tho..?

Or will she bear a thousand children..?

Dex-chan lover
A question that has been bothering me a little: Why do the MC not learn to control his strenght instead of being afraid of doing anything? or even better why don't Ria teach the MC to control his mana so he doesn't destroys a moon everytime he tries to use magic?

When learning to control your strength involves the risk of unleashing it completely unfettered on an area that might become a wasteland in the process, you're probably going to have some concerns about the whole deal when you're chilling somewhere you'd like to be able to continue chilling in.

Always wonder the technology levels of isekais. They have airships but still swords and arrows

Dex-chan lover
If he doesn't take the hint this time, he will have reached Bakarina-level density. Well, maybe not quite that level, but close.

Users who are viewing this thread