Saitei Chara ni Tensei shita Ore wa Ikinokoritai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2

Dex-chan lover
Kind of standard moral moment. It's wrong to kill monsters if there are child monsters involved.

It always feels weird when people (as in authors and readers) treat these half-human half-beast races as having all traits of the animal except body shape and intelligence. It's like they forget the half-human part. Although by the way she says it, they're vegetarians by culture (and not universally at that), not herbivores by nature, which makes more sense to me.
Indeed. Especially because rabbits also eat their own feces to better hide from carnivores and take in more nutrients they didn't digest the first time.

If she has that trait, this could get squicky.

Dex-chan lover
Kind of standard moral moment. It's wrong to kill monsters if there are child monsters involved.

It always feels weird when people (as in authors and readers) treat these half-human half-beast races as having all traits of the animal except body shape and intelligence. It's like they forget the half-human part. Although by the way she says it, they're vegetarians by culture (and not universally at that), not herbivores by nature, which makes more sense to me.
NGL I've always found it strange that so few setting include diet diversity among the different species of humanoids in fantasy settings.

I know it's mainly ignored because who wants to keep track of something as complex as differing or worse clashing dietary needs consistent for multiple beings.

Even here on earth food varies from culture to culture, and we mainly cater to just one species. Yet very few bother to differentiate between the dietary needs of a anthropomorphic beastkin or elf beyond interaction portrayed in this chapter.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation! I just went ahead and re-read it all and I forget I really like this story lol

Dex-chan lover
Letting the cubs go is the cruelest option. Either they die of starvation, or they survive and the cycle repeats. Today we have tranquilizers and relocate wild animals to reserves and other isolated places. Without those they're just future threats.

Dex-chan lover
NGL I've always found it strange that so few setting include diet diversity among the different species of humanoids in fantasy settings.
I see it on occasion, although it's usually fairly low-key and easy to miss. Most of the time it doesn't really come up. Although also most of the time it's really about humans with weird ears, rather than actually different species.

Dex-chan lover
My guy just got propositioned by a big-tiddie rabbit girl to eat his meat. Seems legit. My mind was in the gutter but I'm SURE it was intended for all audiences ... right? RIGHT?

Dex-chan lover

There's actually very few species that are obligate herbivores. For example, deer and sheep will eat birds and rodents if they get the opportunity.

Dex-chan lover
There's actually very few species that are obligate herbivores. For example, deer and sheep will eat birds and rodents if they get the opportunity.
Yeah. Mostly because meat is easily processed, compared to plant matter, so pretty much all animals will benefit from eating it.

There are more obligate carnivores, though. Most of them can get some nutrition from some vegetarian food, but they still absolutely need meet to survive and remain healthy. Like cats.

Users who are viewing this thread