Saitei Chara ni Tensei shita Ore wa Ikinokoritai

Dex-chan lover
Picked this up because it was on the trending homepage and an Isekai.
Dropped this because of the cartoonishly bad cliches, and suspect translations.

As someone that regularly reads Isekai, even for an average Isekai, this is substandard.
This is the kind of manga that makes ppl say that Isekai is trash. This gives Isekai a bad name.

Dex-chan lover
The villains were terrible in the first chapter, sure, but after that I thought it was pretty pleasant and very much above the average manga, let alone the average isekai. I mean if it does end up focusing on the chapter 1 villains I could see it being garbage but otherwise I thought this has a lot of potential. Hard to say anything conclusive until the end of the first volume where we get a good idea about which way it goes.

Double-page supporter
Looked bad from the first page with the dragon and by the middle of chapter 2 I was skimming.
Definitely trash.
Edit: Also thanks to the translator, it's not great but it was good enough to determine how bad the story is.

Wasn't really impressed by these first chapters, also there were an absurd amount of mistakes in the translation, definitely used Google translate without rechecking...

Double-page supporter
I was reincarnated as the lowest shota and i want a harem ~ The manga.

Overall reaaaaally generic so far but, its not painful to read either so its not all bad - some of the stuff thats been cranked out lately will cause you to get a concussion from cringe powered facepalms.

This manga is so bland and generic that I will probably forget it before finishing this comment.
Typical reincarnated in a video game as the main antagonist but cliche% speedrun edition. Page 1 the MC is already OP, end of chapter 1 he as left his family, he saves a poor little beast girl from an angry adventurer in chapter 2.

Dex-chan lover
So the author chooses to focus on the wrong aspects of the fantasy world half the time, has the character—who is 30 years old from his previous life—not understand free will, the world all cheers for him once he leaves his unrealistically cruel home, and one of the characters is almost crying because their disguise wasn't perfect for one person.

The plot is treated childishly so far but the art has a lot of fanservice. Is this for young children or isn't it?

That was chapter 1. I don't trust an author who raises this many flags this early on.

Users who are viewing this thread