Saki - Ch. 228 - White-Hot

Dex-chan lover
It always gives me the impression that author make things easier for those childhood friends of Nodoka.

This isn't even push/pull lol. Because of Yuu's ability, she'll probably always have an easy path to tenpai (because of her tile bias) and it'll always be high scoring (because she attracts the red fives). Therefore, always push. The hardest thing about push/pull is that the best choice can still often lead to the worst outcome (and vice versa) and because of confirmation biases, these bad outcomes get over-emphasised when we review, leading to incorrect lessons being learnt.

Saki (the manga) has always been about characters doing unorthodox things, like incorrect push/pull decisions, to overcome the superpowers that players have (with the exception of Nodoka). Case in point, Mako a few chapters back where she deliberately cheapened her hand and made her wait worse to avoid dealing in.

Dex-chan lover
i would riichi that to increased tsumo chance tbh (and ura too)

since everyone knows her ability attract red it's gonna be a huge hand, everyone probably fold. and iirc no one on the current table have a power to slow down other

Fed-Kun's army
push pull my ass that's basic efficiency

achiga ability really boring

Group Leader
Is it just me... or did Ritz just buff Yuu's...... breast?

Aggregator gang
what i dont get is that they made sure to point out that its easy to counter the two sisters

so why is it now impossible to counter them??

@gamma2015

only Kuro that easy to counter but Yuu is different since her draw range cover about half of tiles so her ability is more flexible

Dex-chan lover
Achiga is so full of bullshit. I still wonder why Ritz introduced them at all. Their asspulls are boring as fuck, and everything else become boring when they get focus.

Double-page supporter
@Aile Everyone's breasts in this series generally seem to get steadily buffed over time, unless they were outright flat.

Group Leader
@gamma2015 Only Kuro is predictable since she never discard a dora, while on Yuu's case, even Hisa mention that while she do get a lot of "tiles with red", aside from there is a lot of tile like that, she is free to discard and not always getting 1, (similar to how shiraitodai got 2 red dragon a couple of hands ago)

@natchu96 that make sense, cuz I dont remember yuu having those bloated balloons back then.

wait, did the girl just play normally without much efforts and won? Pls nerf, no counterplay :(

Aggregator gang
@Aile @Woodfolk

oh ok i might've mixed it up

but still, even with kuro, we dont see anyone try to counter her, not since the start of the tournament

@gamma2015

Kuro's hand is easy to predict so strong player could avoid to be hit by her directly in most of time so they don't have to go out of their way to counter her play style, they could just win before Kuro win by tsumo herself (and it proved in this vanguard match as even with this much dora play, Kuro still end up with minus point)

if they want to counter Kuro it should be about how she gets all doras but that seem to be impossible now cuz no ability so far could interfere with that

Contrary to what others are posting, I don't think Kuro and Yuu'd abilities are asspulls. They're really defined and can be dealt with, albeit difficultly. The real asspull abilities are Teru's which just seems to give her hands and Satoha's which allow her to win when it's convenient for the plot.

@gamma2015 People are countering Kuro (especially Toki). Kuro's been down bad in like every match so far and is lucky Yuu and Ako bail out her deficits albeit against worse competition.

I'm biased, but I don't know why people are saying Achiga's abilities are asspulls. Yuki drawing into tenhou twice is not bullshit? With the only counterplay to her being to win the south round harder than she wins east? At least you have to play hands against the Achiga girls, and their abilities don't guarantee wins.

Tsumo pinfu tanyao ipeko 4 dora. Its 8 han for a baiman. Doing riichi is useless with this hand since even getting ippatsu tsumo would yield 10 han for baiman too so would mean the same amount of points but by taking the risk of declaring riichi.

Maybe ritz want to make Achiga even the lead or take the lead from shiraitodai. So we will have an entertaining Lieutenant match (just look at all the bad odds Hisa collecting right now). So my expectation will be Kiyosumi at bottom barrel at start of lieutenant match, and hisa will even the lead. Only for Nodoka to blow it up with her playstyle. Then we have Saki going rampage destorying everyone on captain round.

Don't mind me, just feels bad that another chapter comes, and another achiga bs comes up. I even feels bad for the rest of shiraitodai now, beside teru and awai, i don't think anyone gonna do much fight, and will just get their ass slap by Achiga again. (The closest one i think and 'wish' to make a big play is takami, like i really want she get oya on s4, and do a multiple yakuman renchan).

Users who are viewing this thread