Saki - Vol. 21 Ch. 218 - Unyielding

Kinda let down for the final chapter of the vanguard. I wish RITZ would flash out Satoha a bit more.

After nearly 30 chapters over about 2 years, the first two hanchans of the finals are over....

Poor Yuuki, at one point she was up 63 and now she ends -33

Not a very exciting finale to be honest. Dragged on too much. Also, giving Yuki not one but TWO Tenhous only to make her end up this badly was probably one of the worst decisions Ritz ever made. A shame really because I think the first hanchan was actually very good.

Dex-chan lover
dang, it took 2 years just to finish vanguard match huh...

i feel sorry for Yuuki, just how many times she got last place again..

also, what's the point of making a big deal of Teru misleading with the 6-man riichi declaration and pinzu honitsu if she has to tsumo anyway?

Aggregator gang
and yet again, it felt like it was a 3v1 the whole game, just to stop teru, and she still finished first

now the round is over, lets see how it'll go

Dex-chan lover
I hope Kiyosumi still remains in the last place til Saki match.
Can't wait to see "mahjong is fun" again.

Double-page supporter
so whos up next?? i totally forgot, too many flashbacks and monthly releases hurt this series, was this the first round?

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to think other viewers with non-manga character perceptions are watching this match, seeing the players try to deal into other people's hands, and they're like-- "Are they...are these middleschoolers match-fixing, right now?"

Dex-chan lover
While it took forever for this match to end, unless Ritz decides to end the finals early with one of the schools loosing in the next few rounds, we will never see the Saki vs Teru match in Ritz's lifetime.

Dex-chan lover
Not even another "Battle Avatar" representation where Yakuza Satoha shanks them all with her blade during their 4-Person Tenpai duel? Kind of a letdown. Satoha has been hyped as one of the most dangerous players in the series, and her own performance certainly shows that. But there was a lack of spectacle and flair in the climax of this match. Even moreso considering that this is probably also the last time we're ever going to see her in action within the lifespan of this universe considering Ritz-sensei's glacial pace.

Time for the Sergeant Match then. Hopefully getting her own spinoff made Mako strong enough to overcome the Sergeant Match curse for good this time.

@TheGoodFella This was the second hanchan of the vanguard match. Next is Mako, then Hisa, Nodoka and Saki.
@MesaOracle While you might be right in that we may never see Teru vs Saki, I think it's irrelevant who wins the finals, since their match is probably going to be in the individuals, and both Teru and Saki already qualified.

Dex-chan lover
@Meduchi To clarify, I meant if she had the final end prematurely which can happen if a school looses all their points. That's what made Teru such a deadly opponent as she could have easily ended everything if she had reduced a school to zero points while holding first place. The whole thing is over then and no one else plays.

MD@Home
This hanchan ending is kind of lackluster, hopefully it won't take 10 chapter until the start the next one.

I know that this will be ended on satoha's hand. But ended like that ? Seriously ritz ? I expected a bigger move coming Satoha. Not this Dora-hime again. Seems like ritz really love her "achiga".
And Now we will see mako got smashed really hard on next round. Might be a short one.

I kinda expected the one that will carry kiyosumi will be hisa and saki alone. Yuki-Mako got smashed, Hisa bounced back and then Our beloved machine throw the lead just to let saki pick it up again.

So the match start at chap 190 and it just finish now. That was almost 30 chapter alright.
I guess the finals will finish after 120 chapter more...

Almost all problems seem to be the result of the heavy Achiga wank. I get they're popular, but doing Yuuki this dirty, and cutting Satoha's panel time down this much is just sad.

Dex-chan lover
And of course its the absolute lamest character that finishes it. Why cant he give yuuki a break for once

There are so many things wrong eith this battle. First of all, why is Teru here and not against her sister, or at least Nodoka. Secondly Glasses girl and her team is in this and they are the worst addition to this manga after superpowera. And why does Yuuki have to go negative every single time? Give her a win for once

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread