Sakyubasu ga Yattekita Ohanashi - Ch. 10 - Succubus and "Feeling Good"

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for picking this up

Now we back to little succubus and her big bro's daily shenanigans

Dex-chan lover
I never understood the weird earwax thing in manga, but apparently Asians tend to have a different earwax composition than Westerners. So maybe earwax cleaning feels better, or makes more sense, if one has Asian earwax?
Wet earwax, also called sticky or brown earwax, is typical in people of African or European descent. As the name suggests, this type has a moist, sticky texture and is brownish in color. It contains around 50% lipids (fats) and pigment granules that provide its color. Sticky earwax is dominant genetically.

Dry earwax, also called flaky or yellow earwax, predominates in East Asian populations such as China, Korea and Japan. True to its name, dry earwax lacks stickiness and is pale yellow and flaky. It contains less than 20% lipids, which contributes to its dry texture. The yellow color comes from a lack of pigmentation. Dry earwax is recessive genetically.

Dex-chan lover
Why is ear cleaning such a cliche in anime / manga? I mean I know it can feel good and it give an excuse for a lap pillow. But is it also a cultural thing?

Thanks for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread