Samurai Adventure - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Survival

Dex-chan lover
This was.... interesting! A little abstract, but compelling enough. It's a bit reminiscent of Berserk, with the themes of overwhelming foes and desperate survival. Kinda went too abstract, I think, towards the end, and it feels completely disconnected from the initial plot.

But, it was certainly an adventure, and it compels me to fill in the gaps with my imagination.

... and yeah, his country's finished, lol

What a trip, as soon as I saw it was Tanaka's I rushed as soon as I could to read it.

This was a ton of fun. I think I still prefer some other of his works, but this one will be in my mind for quite a while, specially thinking about the ending, which was totally not what I expected at all. The tone shift in the end was very unexpected. In the end, I can see this as a story about hope before unknown menaces and calamities and perseverance.

Thanks a lot for scanlating this, Taniguchi scans. You guys never disappoint with the the project selection.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure Pipimi and Popuko would be good rulers tho

Tanaka is always a joy to read he has mastered dynamism in paneling, i actually think he could have told this with no dialogue just like with Gon

Group Leader
Pretty sure Pipimi and Popuko would be good rulers tho

Tanaka is always a joy to read he has mastered dynamism in paneling, i actually think he could have told this with no dialogue just like with Gon
I agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread