Samurai in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Aggregator gang
Glorious NIPPON has the best swords, folded over a trillion times, that can cut through tungsten steel like warm butter, they have the best cuisine that brings worthless gaijin to tears and causes women to have intense orgasms, they have the best military that dominates gaijin in other worlds, and of course......

.....they have the greatest archers in the world, boasting bows with the heaviest draw weight on the planet!

Dex-chan lover
I'm almost certain I read somewhere that the highest historical average draw weight bows were Manchu war bows. Those aren't longbows but are composite recurves and are extremely hard to draw.

Dex-chan lover
I did some small research because i was interested about the topic.
The heaviest war bow draw weight in early Edo was about 89kg or about 196lbs. And the most commonly used in war was about 50kg or 110lbs.

I don't know how accurate it is. Since i just did a bit of research.

If the author used the 89kg one as a basis of this. Even though it's not the heaviest one in the world. It's still quiet a feat for the MC to actually draw it with her strength alone. Since 89kg was called 3 man bow.

Double-page supporter
I did some small research because i was interested about the topic.
The heaviest war bow draw weight in early Edo was about 89kg or about 196lbs. And the most commonly used in war was about 50kg or 110lbs.

I don't know how accurate it is. Since i just did a bit of research.

If the author used the 89kg one as a basis of this. Even though it's not the heaviest one in the world. It's still quiet a feat for the MC to actually draw it with her strength alone. Since 89kg was called 3 man bow.
One of the bows that they pulled up off of the wreck of the Mary Rose had a draw weight of 210lbs. A Welsh member of the White Company archers was said to have been able to lift the weight of 3 women sitting on a table attached to a pulley.
I am 100% convinced that there would have been some serious dudes able to fire some deadly ordinance at people - there are testimonials at Agincourt and Crecy of multiple being stuck together by single arrows going through one guy and impaling another behind him.
Fricking deadly ...

Dex-chan lover
One of the bows that they pulled up off of the wreck of the Mary Rose had a draw weight of 210lbs. A Welsh member of the White Company archers was said to have been able to lift the weight of 3 women sitting on a table attached to a pulley.
I am 100% convinced that there would have been some serious dudes able to fire some deadly ordinance at people - there are testimonials at Agincourt and Crecy of multiple being stuck together by single arrows going through one guy and impaling another behind him.
Fricking deadly ...
Yeah the amount of strength and concentration to pull that kind of bow and still hitting the target must be amazing.

There's also other bow called 5 man bow with estimation of draw weight of much more than 89kg one. But since there's no evidence of it truly exists and only been mentioned in old books and tales. So it only considered as myth or folktale

Dex-chan lover
Gonna call bs on a Japanese bow having the heaviest draw weight in da world
Last I recall, japanese bows MIGHT be the heaviest non-composite bow, and the thing about arm length is probably true because non-composites needed a long draw distance too.

Far from the heaviest, but I suppose strong enough to make fantasy demons reconsider flying.

Users who are viewing this thread